Information Technology Director
First National Bank (VA) Danville, VA
- Expired: June 11, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB SUMMARY: The Information Technology Director is responsible for managing the Bank's information technology (IT) and telecommunication initiatives and alignment of these resources with the business objectives of the bank. This individual will work closely with managements to plan, coordinate, direct, and design cost-effective IT and telecommunications solutions for all aspects of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities. This person will also define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices.
Supervisory: This position is the direct supervisor of all other IT employees. Supervisory responsibilities performed in conjunction with the Chief Operations Officer and the Human Resources Officer include hiring, training and developing, promoting and demoting, transferring, counseling and disciplining, setting expectations and monitoring compliance, holding employees accountable, evaluating, scheduling and assigning work, terminating, and compensation communication.
- Executes the directives of the Chief Operations Officer and other members of management.
- Researches, proposes, and upon approval, implements IT and telecommunication systems to achieve business objectives and increase end-user productivity, engagement and satisfaction.
- Provides senior level knowledge to solve problems that fall beyond the scope of knowledge of other IT personnel.
- Is responsible for all network and systems security including setting standards, communicating requirements, performing testing, reporting findings and implementing additional security protocols as needed.
- Oversees project management for IT projects including definition of deliverables, setting timelines, coordinating teams and assigning tasks, and analyzing outcomes.
- Participates in planning for IT strategies and tactics.
- Ensures business continuity plan includes current and workable solutions for potential IT and telecommunications disruptions.
- Proposes annual budget for approval and works within approved budget guidelines.
- Manages vendors and service providers to ensure efficient, cost-effective technology purchases and leases including overseeing warranties and service agreements.
- Participates in evaluation of potential hardware and software products and vendors.
- Drafts IT and telecommunication policies and procedures, implements upon approval and audits for compliance.
- Maintains current knowledge for best practices through continuing education, participation in trade associations and networking with other individuals holding similar roles.
- Coordinates independent audits, prepares reports for audit and regulatory requests, reviews and responds to findings with acceptable solutions, and follows through on implementation of solutions.
- Manages professional development of IT team members by setting goals, measuring success, providing feedback, requiring ongoing relevant education and encouraging participation in trade associations or other network groups.
- At least annually, reviews all information and telecommunication policies to ensure they are current and all practices and users are in compliance.
Experience, education, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Holds a Bachelor's or more advanced degree in Computer Science or other relevant field of study. (Education may be waived with four additional years of experience and willingness to pursue education to meet degree requirement.)
- Four or more years of banking experience resulting in an overall understanding of bank technology and telecommunication systems, processes and needs.
- Has advanced knowledge in networks and network security, hardware and peripherals, software, and operating systems.
- Reputation for excellence in customer service.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, problem solver who shows strong initiative and works quickly, accurately and independently.
- Skilled in planning work to achieve objectives including setting priorities for completing multiple tasks by set deadlines with minimal guidance.
- General knowledge of bank information systems such as Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
First National Bank (VA)
TechnologyView all jobs at First National Bank (VA)