Incumbents in this position believe that customer service begins with exceeding customer expectations. You listen for little clues while asking open ended questions about your customers financial needs, major life events, or simple daily activities that allow you to fulfill the client's needs before they realize they even have the need. You embrace change as an essential function of growth and the opportunity to learn excites you. You understand the First Interstate Bank's Service Commitments and know how to implement the guiding principles in all interactions with clients and coworkers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Deliver personalized customer service.
- Perform a variety of financial transactions ranging from check cashing, deposits, withdrawals, processing loan payments and counting currency and coin accurately.
- Hold financial conversations with clients and prospects to determine needs and provide appropriate solutions.
- Open and maintain a variety of products including: consumer checking and savings accounts, consumer credit cards, and much more.
- Identify referral opportunities for Home Loans and Wealth Management (proactively use 360View to plan and document
- Build client relationships through outbound and proactive measures including First 15.
- Answer customer questions with a can-do attitude, no matter how complex or technical.
- Comply with First Interstate's policies and procedures ensuring bank regulations are followed.
- Keep up to date on regulation changes; follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and apply to designated job responsibilities - knowledge may be gained though coursework and on-the-job training.
- Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for other to emulate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required and two plus (2+) years of banking or comparable experience that includes cash handling and a track record of outstanding customer service.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
Attention to detail including verbal and written instructions; maintain confidentiality; effective use of tact and diplomacy as it relates to clients and co-workers; working knowledge and use of a personal computer, Word/Excel software programs and strong 10-key skills preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk & use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.