Collaborates with relationship managers in gathering and evaluating commercial credit related information on current and prospective customers by preparing written reports of analysis which include in-depth analysis of financial statements, historical and projection based cash flow and ratio analysis, suggested credit structure, general industry analysis and identified risks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares financial spreads for various types of businesses.
- Analyzes credit worthiness of commercial applicants, and guarantors, as appropriate by reviewing loan application, spreading historical and projection based financial statements, calculating cash flows, identifying key risks and conducting research on borrowers and industries.
- Analyzes findings and authors a comprehensive report of analysis using a mix of data analysis (charts, formulas, graphs, etc.) and written narrative.
- Evaluates credit quality, suggesting loans to upgraded or downgraded based on most recent information.
- Possesses proficiency relative to credit transactions and analytical skills sufficient to enable independent underwriting of commercial requests for streamlined to complex requests with limited guidance from immediate manager.
- Ensures compliance to applicable regulations and keeps up-to-date with changes in federal regulations and FIB credit policy requirements.
- Assists the Relationship Manager in completing problem loan reports.
- Completes financial performance metric covenant testing.
The ideal candidate:
- Must have strong organization and time management skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain internal and external relationships such as Relationship Managers, Credit Officers, and Risk Management Personnel.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, set priorities, establish and meet strict deadlines with flexibility to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Must be self-motivated and possess the ability to assist with credit risk decisions.
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as an attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and with others in an integrated way to achieve individual objectives and team results with flexibility to adapt to changing volumes and areas of focus (new vs. renewal).
- Must have experience in supporting recommendations when challenged and in negotiating when appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION &/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or general education degree (GED). B.A. degree in Business, Finance or related field from a four-year college or university. Minimum of 4 years' experience in a similar position. Commercial banking experience preferred.
OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Experience with financial spread software; Moody's Risk Analyst and/or Moody's Lending Cloud preferred. Ability to acclimate quickly to other programs.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to create comprehensive reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present complex information succinctly and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to create, interpret and explain spreadsheet analysis.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with complex problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
**If you are a current FIB employee, please apply through the Career Worklet in the Employee Portal.