Consultant, FedRAMP Advisory
- Posted: over a month ago
First Information Technology Services (FITS) has been providing Information Security, Cloud Computing Security, and IT consulting services since 2000. FITS consultants perform comprehensive assessments from beginning to end to produce meaningful, actionable reports that fit within an organization's comprehensive risk strategy.
Information Security Consultant - FedRAMP Assessment & Advisory Team
An Information Security Consultant provides subject matter expertise to our clients by bridging the gap between security requirements and their technical and operational implementations. Our consultants work diligently and collaboratively to identify risks associated with security gaps in the cloud and provide solutions on how those gaps may be addressed.
FITS provides a dynamic work environment and supports a healthy work/life balance. We are invested in the growth and development of our employees. We are committed to ensuring that our staff is engaged and challenged by their work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage in IT system security consultation within cloud-based environments in accordance with NIST 800-53, FedRAMP, and other authoritative IT security guidance.
- Conduct assessments of existing IT architecture for compliance with security requirements from one or more security frameworks.
- Interview engineers on technical subject matter.
- Author IT security policies, whitepapers, and documentation to support information system authorization and accreditation packages.
- Provide technical IT architectural security guidance for operational systems and systems under development.
- Evaluate risks associated with systems or planned changes and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Bachelor's degree preferred; or equivalent combination of experience in information technology, IT audit, and/or program management, certifications, and training
- At least one of the following certifications:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Cyber Security Operations (CCNA Cyber Ops)
- Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Systems and Network Auditor (GSNA)
- GIAC Certified Intrusion Analyst (GCIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information System Security Professional or Associate (CISSP or Associate) - bonus points for this!
- Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
- Certified Information Systems Security Officer (CISSO)
- CyberSec First Responder (CFR)
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Continuing Education (CASP+) Continuing Education (CE)
- CompTIA Cloud+ (Cloud+)
- Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP)
- Securing Cisco® Networks with Threat Detection Analysis (SCYBER)
- Experience auditing or supporting audits of IT systems against common security frameworks
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail, organization, resourcefulness, and critical thinking skills
- Exposure to FedRAMP and/or NIST 800-53 is a plus.
- Experience implementing information security principles and risk assessment techniques.
- Experience completing or managing projects, tasks, and deliverables with minimal supervisory oversight.
- Proficiency in one or more of the following areas: virtualization, data visualization and analysis, automation, systems engineering, and/or cloud administration.
Location: Remote from US
Salary Range: $110,000 - $200,000
FITS maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, and market conditions.
The successful candidate for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
First Information Technology Services, Inc. believes that a well-rounded compensation package helps teams members thrive in their work and home life. FITS proudly invests in benefits for its employees, covering 100% of health, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their dependents (including domestic partners), paid time off, holidays, matching 401(K), short/long term disability, and parental leave. FITS also provides up to $5,000 annually for professional development, including reimbursement of job-related training classes, seminars, tuition, and certification expenses.
FITS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. FITS is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to provide employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at FITS are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, regardless of race, color, ethnicity, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
First Information Technology Services
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?