- Posted: over a month ago
Performs various duties such as creation and maintenance of internal database portals and reports. Acts as initial contact for software questions or problems. Researches software possibilities as well as information to better use current software.
Essential Job Functions
- Coordinate and oversee the maintenance of in-house web portals. In doing so, works with department staff to identify requirements, determines database requirements, designs, programs, and tests applications, and provides user training as appropriate.
- Responsible for administering, enhancing, and maintaining databases. Ensures integrity of same. Works with other information systems personnel to assess, design, and implement changes to database structures to meet requirements of company and users.
- Create and maintain financial and property management reports created in Tibco’s WebFocus Managed reporting tool.
- Provides technical support to end-users of custom in-house applications. Identifies opportunities for improving applications to better meet the needs of users.
- Interacts with software vendors to resolve processing errors and/or discrepancies, plan for and assist in implementing upgrades, and so forth.
- Develops and maintains documentation of our in-house software necessary to maintain and enhance system as requested.
- Act as initial contact for any software usage questions users might have. Assist users by finding ways to more efficiently accomplish their daily tasks through in-house applications.
- Research new technologies to be included in future updating of the site as well as making recommendations of these technologies to management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of database development and web application design at a level normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science with the three to four years of experience.
- Good understanding of TIBCO’s WebFocus Environment which includes, Reporting tool, App Studio, Report Caster, Data Migrator, HTML Composer, BI Portal and Info Assist.
- In depth knowledge of Oracle, MySQL and Standard Query Language (SQL).
- Working knowledge of Programming Languages, like PHP, Cold Fusion, Drupal, and Delphi will be helpful.
- Good interpersonal and telephone communication skills when coordinating with internal contacts (regional and corporate personnel) to exchange information and obtain approval.
- Good written communication skills including ability to prepare accurate and appropriate training documents and to review, proofread, and check documents for accuracy.
Equal Employment Opportunity
First Industrial Realty Trust, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, M/F/D/V
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?