- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for providing legal support to the General Counsel, including, preparing documents, conducting research, processing legal invoices, reviewing and responding to correspondence, providing coordination for the delivery of legal services and supporting the General Counsel.
Requires strong computer and organizational skills; working familiarity with basic legal issues and concepts; understanding of public company issues; a comprehensive knowledge of Company policies and procedures; the ability to make independent judgments regarding issues as they arise, and to deal effectively with the highest level of personnel, both internal and external to the Company on sensitive, confidential issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare correspondence, documents, and real estate agreements. Organize workload to comply with deadlines and priorities, works independently to complete department functions and prepare correspondence, agreements, reports and forms.
- Assist with preparation of public filings, corporate documents and resolutions.
- Complete research assignments on various legal matters.
- Arrange meetings (including board and committee meetings), schedules appointments, and completes travel or conference arrangements. Receive and screen visitors and calls.
- Maintains corporate records and legal files.
- Process invoices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Paralegal or college degree required.
- Related experience preferred.
- Strong writing, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
- Work requires occasionally lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Work requires occasionally stooping and bending.
- Work requires sitting for extended periods of time when working with computer system.
- Work requires occasionally reaching and grasping with arms and hands.
- Work is performed in a normal office environment where there are relatively few physical discomforts due to dust, dirt, noise, etc.
LegalView all jobs at First Industrial