Who we are:
First Global Xpress (FGX) is a rapidly growing international consulting and logistics firm that uses our logistical, compliance, and international trade expertise to enable U.S. businesses to save and generate millions of dollars every year. Our ability to execute international deployments has completely revolutionized the way IT hardware is bought and sold in the technology, finance, legal, and commercial industries.
As pioneers in the global IT hardware industry, we have created a blue ocean in a trillion-dollar market. FGX’s scalable business model enables us to quickly capture market share by working with companies from the Fortune 500 all the way down to boutique firms. Unlike many first movers who require years of funding to become profitable, FGX has been profitable from the start and continuously grows by 3 digits every year.
Headquartered in NYC, FGX is a rapidly growing company that provides a challenging and rewarding environment where everyone has the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team bonding, mentorship, and coaching because it enables us to have fun while doing our best work. If you’re looking to join at a fast-growing company that’s pioneering in a huge industry, please read on!
We’re looking for intelligent, motivated, and passionate individuals willing to develop their careers. Associate Operations Consultants are key members of our operations team, interfacing directly with our clients to understand their international deployment requirements and then build and execute custom logistical solutions. This is an entry-level position that requires a combination of strong communication skills, critical thinking, and detail-oriented project execution.
FGX’s global reach means you will be working with people from every corner of the earth and must be willing to understand the cultures, customs, and business practices unique to each country. A typical day will include fielding questions from our partners in Europe and Asia as well as assisting our clients within the USA and abroad.
Check out our website to learn more about our company: www.fgx.com
Monday through Friday 9am to 6pm with a break for lunch; must have flexibility for working later into the evening over e-mail (as needed).
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $55,000 - $65,000
- Interface with prospective & existing clients to build creative logistics & compliance solutions:
- Analyze bill of materials to evaluate potential trade compliance concerns
- Create and run cost simulations to assist clients in comparing FGX’s services with in-market procurement
- Interview international trade partners to understand country-specific import/export permits, documentation requirements and timeline considerations
- Deliver your proposed solutions directly to our clients & field any questions/concerns they may have
- Execute your solution with our operations team:
- Work with our network of airline partners to reserve cargo space
- Prepare import/export documents and permit applications
- Interface with customs specialists, brokers, and operations team
- Provide frequent status updates to the client stakeholders
- Monitor deployment status and resolve any issues that may arise
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your solution:
- Seek client feedback and support the sales team in securing repeat business
- Compile best practices from each deployment into blog posts, case studies, and other published content
- Work with the director of operations and COO to implement new processes
- Previous experience in international logistics is not necessary, we will provide on the job training
- Possesses a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Has 0 - 3 years of experience in a full-time role
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- Excellent computer skills necessary: MS Word, MS Excel, Internet-based systems
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and oral/writing communication skills required
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, take responsibility for deadlines, and solve problems on their own
- Demonstrate responsiveness, tact, diplomacy, good judgment, and confidentiality in communications with clients & colleagues alike
- Ability to work independently and manage own tasks effectively
Opportunities for international & domestic travel as required.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Salary commensurate with experience. Full medical and dental insurance is available. Bonuses are also available on an annual basis.
Fast-paced, social, and team oriented environment. Position requires frequent and regular computer and phone use. Workplace is a smoke and drug-free environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.