Government Consultant/Proposal Manager
First Foster Consulting is seeking a remote Government Consultant to provide business development and capture support for large and small business contractors. The Government Consultant should possess a minimum of one (1) year of experience in working with a government contractor in industries such as Information Technology, Training Services, Language Services, and Management Consulting. The Consultant is expected to possess proven Business Development and Capture Management Strategies to assist clients in entering and growing in the Federal procurement industry.
· Consultants will work with clients on the following items: Opportunity Identification/Analysis qualification, Incumbent Analysis, Capture Management, Developing Capability Matrices, Identification of Potential Team Partners
· Meet with clients weekly
· Lead and manage the overall proposal development process from Pre-Proposal through Post Proposal Phases.
· Analyze the government solicitation, identify all requirements and criteria for evaluation, and prepare and distribute the detailed proposal schedule, outline and guidelines.
· Interpret technical and management requirements of Federal Government solicitations (e.g., RFPs, Resurveys).
· Manage and be accountable for compliance and the timely submission of the proposal by managing and controlling all proposal activities against the proposal schedule and the RFPs requirements.
· Collaborate with executives, management teams, functional units, BD personnel, stakeholders, partners, and subject matter experts to provide proposal leadership, support, and overall direction.
· Respond rapidly to RFP amendments and implement required changes to proposal.
· Develop and apply proposal management artifacts including but not limited to: proposal schedule, outline, compliance matrix, kick-off, storyboards, mockups, color review in-briefs and de-briefs, and others.
· Ensure win strategy, technical solution, win themes, discriminators, compliance, and clear understanding of the requirements are well-articulated and consistent throughout final proposal documents.
· Manage multiple proposal tasks with sometimes rapid turnaround deadlines.
· Support other Proposal related activities (e.g., content databases) as needed.
· Support internal business development activities as assigned (e.g. Searching and tracking FBO, white papers, case studies, competitive analysis, marketing collateral).
· Define, document, implement, and support continual proposal process improvement
Must have Proposal Writing Experience:
· Provides technical approach and expertise to Information Technology-related, Environmental, Construction, Medical, and Engineering RFP/RFI responses
· Advise on key personnel and allocation of labor based on the requirement
· Review key personnel resumes and advise on qualifications/expertise
· Conduct research as necessary for RFP/RFI
· Participate in team meetings
· Write new content used for proposals and/or databases as it relates to less complex sections, such as project experience narratives and resumes
· Coordinate both the scheduling and production of deliverables by working with writers
· Interface with our clients and their team partners to collect information for narratives
· Maintain client databases of narratives for organization and accuracy
· Develop and edit boilerplate content
· MUST have strong communication skills, both verbally and written
· MUST be self-motivated and adaptable to learning and understanding new processes and procedures
· MUST have a flexible schedule
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Familiarity with federal procurement
· Part-time position hours can vary. Government Consultant must be available during peak Government buying season as needed