Are you a Military Veteran?
Veterans who are eligible for VA Education Benefits may choose to apply for benefits while enrolled in VETSTEPS. You must supply your Certificate of Eligibility. VETSTEPS DOES NOT ENCUMBER YOUR EARNED VA BENEFITS.
VETSTEPS Financial Advisor Apprenticeship is available to any inexperienced candidate, but was specially created for Veterans who wish to and are eligible to use their VA Education Benefits. It is a great way to learn how to build your own business from the ground up. You will be paired with a Financial Advisor mentor who will be your guide for the entire two-year program. VETSTEPS starts with the basics, and by the time you have successfully completed the program, you will be a fully-licensed Financial Advisor with an established market that you have developed with the help of your mentor. This apprenticeship is Department of Labor and Veterans Administration approved (certificate available upon completion). VETSTEPS does not encumber your earned VA Benefits.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with clients to understand their goals, concerns and current financial situation. Analyze information to create a plan with appropriate strategies, to help protect and build wealth.
- Provide clients with information related to financial products and services on an ongoing basis.
- Develop and maintain a base of clients who value your input and guidance.
- Work with clients to keep their financial plans current and aligned with their life events and goals.
Why we believe you’ll be successful
- You are self‐motivated, confident and have a strong work ethic; these are important skills to succeed as an entrepreneur.
- You are a person of high integrity.
- Helping people live better financial lives resonates with you.
Requirements to enter VETSTEPS
- To enter the program, you must be Life and Health Licensed (if you do not have your license, we can help you get one prior to entering our program).
- You must pass a background check
- You must take a Career Aptitude Test
- Veterans who want to use their earned VA Education Benefits must provide a Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- You must be a US citizen or permanent resident
We believe that quality people deserve a competitive benefits package. If you qualify for a Financial Representative contract with The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America (“Guardian”), associated with First Financial Group (you earn this contract in the first 60-90 days in VETSTEPS), you are eligible to enjoy:
- A strong benefit package, including a Defined Benefit Plan, 401(k) with Match and Roth options, health and dental insurance and more.
- High earning potential with one of the most best compensation contracts in the industry that’s designed to recognizes your performance.
First Financial Group Company Overview
First Financial Group is a complete financial services firm – one of the largest independently owned businesses of its kind in the Mid-Atlantic region. The firm works with over 150 representatives and contracts with 2,500 licensed brokers. For more information, go to www.vetsteps-ffg.com
First Financial Group is an Agency of The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America (Guardian), New York, NY. Securities products and advisory services offered through Park Avenue Securities LLC (PAS), member FINRA, SIPC. OSJ: 7101 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1200, Bethesda, MD 20814. PAS is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Guardian. First Financial Group is not an affiliate or subsidiary of PAS or Guardian.
First Financial Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
We expect that candidates who graduate from our Training and Development curriculums fully-licensed will enter into a contract with The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, or one of its subsidiaries, because we want you to continue your career as a Financial Advisor with us. Of course, you will have to meet the standards and requirements to be offered that contract. A Financial Advisor must be registered as an investment advisor representative with PAS providing investment advisory services. An individual cannot become a Financial Advisor or use that term with clients until meeting that criteria. The VETSTEPS Apprenticeship program is a recruiting program offered by participating Guardian Agencies. The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America is not affiliated with the Department of Labor or the Veterans Administration and is not involved in the VETSTEPS Apprenticeship program. Contact the individual department or agency for additional information regarding eligibility of benefits.
You may separately be eligible to enter into a Field Representative Agreement with Guardian without completing the VETSTEPS program; contact First Financial Group for more information.
First Financial Group (4A)
Why Work Here?First Financial Group is a complete financial services firm – one of the largest independently owned businesses of its kind in the Mid-Atlantic region. The firm has over 150 representatives and 2,500 licensed brokers.
Great culture. Great career. Helping others live great financial lives.
Virginia Beach, VA