- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Operations Specialist I, II, and III
To assist the Operations Supervisor and the Operations Manager with the daily operational activities related to the Branch and Administrative Center operations to ensure compliance with applicable internal policies, procedures, support, and expertise.
- Detail oriented, analytic, and organized
- Focus on providing quality service in all interactions – internally/externally
- Good communication skills
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum 6 months relevant experience
- EDUCATION: High School diploma or equivalent
- Provides knowledgeable, polite, and helpful service to employees and members through all channels regarding questions/concerns with accounts, transactions, cards, services, policies, procedures, website, etc. Maintains current knowledge of credit union website, SEG relationships, forms, resources, and eServices.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Call Center responsibilities and practices. Must be able to quickly adjust to changing work demands and priorities. Ability to convey complex knowledge in a clear manner to individual teams of differing levels of subject familiarity.
- Excellent communication skills to include effective presentation of information in all settings. Ability to meet the “member service excellence” core competency which includes maintaining a good attitude and taking ownership of meeting member needs.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, or oral form.
- Good computer and professional communication skills with the ability to assist with complex research cases; ability to work independently and make good decisions, display ability to work under pressure and perform several tasks simultaneously; ability to prioritize tasks; be self-motivated; provide call escalation support to ensure positive member experience; establish and maintain open communications with staff and good working relationships with back office departments to facilitate end to end service delivery.
Basic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to perform FSR I duties.
- Opens, sorts, date-stamps, organizes, and disseminates all incoming mail/faxes, and correspondence to appropriate staff.
- Prepares correspondence and answers questions relative to routine inquiries.
- Complies with Check 21 guidelines.
- Shares the duties associated with switchboard operation, mail, and courier service (incoming and outgoing) with other employees in department.
- Provides support as an FSR at branch locations as needed.
- Ability to perform in the capacity of advanced FSR duties.
- Develops expertise in processes and procedures, account functions, electronic services, understanding and analyzing data, navigating account records, file maintenance history, etc.
- Processes daily incoming written correspondence, applications for membership, debit and credit card requests, and home banking as requested on the membership application.
- Performs ID verification, pulls credit reports, interprets, and applies established guidelines for review and approval of these services.
- Manages activity associated with dormant accounts, check and ACH stop payments.
- Provides back-up support for death claim process.
- Processes name change and change of ownership requests; adds and removes joint owners.
- Processes daily Student Branch work as assigned; balances and reports any issues to supervisor.
- Reviews daily Remote Deposit Capture and ATM check images and makes adjustments as needed.
- Completes requests for plastic card issuance from applications received, from other departments and branches.
- Processes applications for more involved special accounts including IRAs, Trusts, Rep Payee, etc.
- Process requests for exceptions such as fee waivers and refunds, hold releases, ATM/POS withdrawal limit increases, etc…, following established guidelines.
- Analyzes reports and takes action as necessary to maintain account accuracy and credit union compliance.
- Provides critical feedback in reference to application testing.
- Receives, reviews, and takes applicable action on subpoenas, account research, account verification and corrections as requested.
- Demonstrates a commitment to sharpening skills through ongoing technology education and training, using positive communication, for optimal understanding to assist members and co-workers and improve the Operations department.
Telework possible for Operations Specialists II & III if proper equipment is available.
Adheres to regulations and organizational policies, maintaining awareness and knowledge required to perform the duties of the position including all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act, Fair Lending, and Information Security.
Equal Opportunity Employment
First Financial of Maryland Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to hiring for our mission and diversifying our staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.
First Financial Federal Credit Union of Maryland
BusinessView all jobs at First Financial Federal Credit Union of Maryland