Asst. VP - Risk Management and Compliance Off
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Risk Management and Compliance Officer (RCO), Assistant Vice President (AVP)
Department: Risk Management
Reports To: Senior Vice President / Chief Operations Officer
Location: Admin Center , 72 Loveton Circle, Sparks, Maryland 21152
Non-remote position with the opportunity to work a hybrid remote schedule after probationary period.
The Risk Management and Compliance Officer is responsible for the governance of enterprise-wide risk management activities and mitigation opportunities. Responsible for strategic planning and oversight of enterprise-wide risk management appetite framework, policies, programs, processes, personnel, reports, and systems for managing and monitoring risk exposure derived from all banking and financial services activities. Leads and directs the following functions and/or business units: Risk Management, Compliance, Bank Secrecy Act ( BSA) / Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Fraud.
- Onsite with remote flexibility
- Occasional travel to support branch audits
- Occasional travel for conferences
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Ten (10) years of risk management or compliance experience or similar related experience
- Bank Secrecy Act ( BSA )
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Demonstrated work-related experience may be considered instead of education requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to obtain and maintain job-related certifications if no job-related advanced degree
- Meet or exceed continuing professional education (CPE) requirements
- Oversee Risk Management and Compliance for the credit union.
- Work closely with the Senior Management to develop and accomplish goals and strategic plans established by the Board of Directors and company executives.
- Serve as the primary liaison between management and the Supervisory Committee.
- Direct assigned staff in executing risk-based plans for internal reviews, compliance reviews, finding resolutions, fraud investigations, and liaise between internal audit and external audit teams.
- Ensure policies and procedures meet legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements.
- Manage day to day risk management operational activities of the organization
- Develop, track, and control the risk management annual operating and capital budgets.
- Interpret general policies, laws and best practices affecting most areas of the organization
- Work closely with senior management to establish broad plans that contribute to the development of policies that affect several functional areas
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide business continuity plan.
- Direct development and execution of a third-party due diligence process to minimize the risk of contracted services from third-party vendors
- Oversee organizational business insurance ensuring types and specifics of various policies provide appropriate coverage.
- Develop and deliver risk awareness training for key staff and stakeholders.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK:
Work for one of Maryland’s largest and fastest-growing credit unions! Build your career with a non-profit organization in the financial industry while also helping the community. Since 1953, First Financial Federal Credit Union has been a major asset to the Baltimore and Carroll County communities and with your help, we can continue this tradition. Join our family-friendly company and discover these additional perks:
All eligible First Financial employees receive:
- Excellent Pay! Compensation within the posted range is determined by a candidate's education level and/or years of experience in the field. Generally, new employees are hired in the lower half of the scale.
- A full benefit package is available for all eligible full-time employees that includes medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid volunteer time.
- Incentive bonuses.
- Generous 401(k) plan contribution.
- Employee recognition programs.
- Tuition reimbursement - up to $4,200 per calendar year for pre-approved undergraduate courses and up to $5,400 per year for pre-approved graduate courses.
- Employee wellness program, including a free on-site full fitness center in our Administrative Building.
Adheres to regulations and organizational policies, maintaining awareness and knowledge required to perform the duties of the position including all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act, Fair Lending, and Information Security.
Equal Opportunity Employment
First Financial of Maryland Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to hiring for our mission and diversifying our staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.
First Financial Federal Credit Union of Maryland
Get fresh Vp Operational Risk jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.