Reporting to: Managing Director
Hours of work: 40 hours per week / some flexible evening and weekend hours, plus international travel required.
In February 2019, First Draft is launching CrossCheck International, a global network of journalists, researchers and analysts working collaboratively to investigate and accurately report instances of mis- and disinformation, and campaigns of manufactured amplification.
CrossCheck International projects bring together multiple news organisations around the world, and First Draft will be supporting this work by opening a number of regional bureaus throughout 2019. These bureaux will be hosted by partner universities to help FirstDraft achieve its mission of upskilling and providing real world experience to the next generation of journalists via student newsrooms and other initiatives, designed in collaboration with university faculty.
As we undertake this expansion, we are building a digital content team to help raise awareness of our work internationally. From packaging and presenting CrossCheck reports to be impactful and engaging, to adapting training materials that can be shared with our online community of partners and supporters, the digital team will be responsible for producing innovative and creative output daily. As Digital Content Producer, you will be based at our London office, which includes a dedicated studio and event space for hosting and streaming workshops, and creating content in multiple audio and visual formats.
- Work with the Editorial team to produce audio, video and interactive content in multiple languages.
- Test and implement the most effective methods for reaching and engaging a diverse range of audiences through digital channels.
- Work with the marketing team to devise a consistent and recognisable content style and tone for both First Draft and CrossCheck International brands.
- Create and adapt content for a range of online platforms and experiences, ranging from education/online learning portals, Instagram Stories, podcasts, etc.
- Work with the training team to develop compelling and effective resource materials to include in the First Draft online curriculum.
- Repackage live workshop presentations to share with CrossCheck community members.
- Work with the Research team to help present and explain data, findings and recommendations in a range of formats.
- Write and produce blog posts, scripts and copy.
- Support the marketing team to manage the First Draft and CrossCheck International social media presence.
- 1-3 years' experience as a digital content producer in a fast-paced brand or media environment
- Demonstrable experience in creating visually stimulating and shareable content
- Ability to edit video using Final Cut Pro or After Effects
- Highly confident user of Photoshop, InDesign or equivalent
- Experience in testing and adapting content based on engagement and impact measurement and metrics
- Ability to produce content from inception to publication within extremely tight deadlines
- High standard of copywriting, editing and proofreading
- Good understanding of Search Engine Optimisation best practices
- Experience of planning, scripting and storyboarding, writing and responding to creative briefs
- Animation and/or stop motion experience
- Experience creating and packaging digital content for a news organisation
- Experience of producing and editing live-stream content
- A broad interest in world news and a passion for tackling the challenges of information disorder
- Fluent written and spoken English.
How to Apply
We are extending the deadline for applications to February 11 at 20:00 GMT. We require a CV, which includes details of two recent employers who could provide relevant references. You may also choose to share links to any relevant social media profiles, plus one or two recent examples of your work.