Legal Processing and Support Specialist
- $18 Hourly
At First Community Bank, we are committed to making our community, the places where we live and work, a better place each day. With a true focus on "community banking," employees find that they can make an impact through company-sponsored programs such as paid volunteer time, matching gifts for charitable contributions and team participation in charitable events. Through a comprehensive wellness program, employees and their families challenge themselves to healthier lifestyles and receive the necessary motivation and tools. With over 40 locations in four states, First Community Bank offers competitive benefits and the personal service you would expect from a company that knows your community. We welcome all applicants and look forward to new colleagues joining our community!
The Legal Processing and Support Specialist responsibilities will handle all legal processing of subpoenas, levies, garnishments, and restraining orders, including, but not limited to, ensuring that process is properly served, the Company has answered such process, and the Company completed required legal actions in a timely fashion. Develop and maintain procedures consistent with day-to-day practices and train back-up employees in current updated procedures. Assist Legal Department with directed legal research, communication with courts, scheduling hearings, keeping track of the Bank's contract review process, tracking and monitoring emails sent to the Legal Department inbox, keeping track of attorney's assigned task list and sending reminders near impending due dates, and drafting letters, corporate documents, forms, and correspondences. Assist the Legal Department in engagement and onboarding of outside counsel, conducting the due diligence process on outside counsel, managing outside counsel records, and ongoing communication with outside counsel. Assist the Legal Department with Company administrative matters and business filings.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel, and preferably have experience in electronic filing in federal court
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage, organize, and prioritize various tasks that may simultaneously require attention
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to sit in front of a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to carry five pounds
- Strong business judgment and ability to exercise such judgment under time constraints or other similarly stressful situations
- Dependability and consistent attention to detail
- Ability to self-motivate and work with minimal supervision
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations; professionalism in such interactions is of the utmost importance; continually requires poise, tact, and diplomacy
- Five years of experience as a legal assistant or paralegal preferred
- Banking or business experience, with an emphasis on contract related work, preferred
- Formal paralegal education or certification preferred
First Community BankBluefield, VA
LegalView All First Community Bank Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.