Come grow with us!
First Commerce is expanding and we want you to join our dynamic, winning team. At FCCU, you can expect competitive pay, best in class benefits, initial and ongoing training and development, and career growth opportunities. Don't just look for a job, consider a career where you empower people to enhance their financial well-being and make a difference to our communities. Apply with us today!
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Compliance Analyst supports the compliance and internal controls and ensures compliance with applicable Credit Union rules and regulations. This position has a special focus on compliance with all Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, and Anti-Money Laundering Act rules and regulations. The Compliance Specialist will research, evaluate and oversee high-risk and moderate-risk member accounts, and help manage legal and regulatory actions under the direction of the Risk Manager. Confidentiality, risk management and detailed reporting are critical components of the job duties
- BSA/AML, OFAC and Patriot Act compliance monitoring
- Reviews money laundering alerts in Verafin and opens cases when necessary for investigation
- Identifying and reporting unusual and suspicious activity under the requirements of the BSA
- Performs ongoing due diligence on all high-risk accounts and maintains appropriate documentation and controls
- Manages the process for responding to 314(a) request form law enforcement and 314 (b) information sharing between Financial institutions
- Manages ongoing compliance with OFAC sanctions and responds to OFAC alerts within the Verafin application in a timely manner
- Analyzes and makes decisions on BSA related exceptions: CIP discrepancies, alerts and transaction monitoring of high risk members, members peer analysis and financial irregularities.
- Collects information and responds to subpoenas and formal inquires
- Assists in the management of alerts and /or cases that fail under compliance and internal controls
- Collects information for and reviews data for monthly compliance audits
- Assists with writing compliance audit reports
- Serves as a back-up to the Fraud Analyst
- Works with very sensitive information and maintains confidentiality of all sensitive information as it pertains to members and member related research/investigations
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification. Two year (AA) or four-year (BA, BS) degree from an accredited university in a related field preferred.
- Must be able to pass and maintain BSA Certificate through Credit Union's choice of provider.
- Consistently displays excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to learn and perform complex processes to meet specific procedures, policies, and BSA/AML/USA Patriot Act regulations.
- Strong investigative, interpersonal, communication, member service, and analytical experience skills.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality of all nonpublic private information obtained through role at the Credit Union.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Americans with Disability Specifications
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member (employee) to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The team member (employee) must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision and distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
First Commerce Credit UnionTallahassee, FL
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.