Digital Media Specialist
First Church of Christ, Congregational Glastonbury, CT
- Posted: over a month ago
- $22 to $28 Hourly
Job Summary: The Digital Media Specialist participates in the digital media ministry of the church, primarily making available our worship services online, using appropriate channels and media to help fulfill the mission and vision of First Church. Expected number of hours per week is 6-8.
Skills Required: Excellent verbal communication skills. Proven success in digital communications, audio engineering, live video production (using robotically controlled PTZ cameras and switcher), live web streaming, graphic design, video editing, video file maintenance and administration of YouTube channels. Understanding of analytics of this platform is a plus. Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Elements, Telestream Wirecast (or similar software), Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Ability to use both Windows and Mac OS.
1. Produce and Live-Stream worship services. This includes:
a. direct the video production process during the service.
b. process any post-production editing as needed.
c. ensure availability of high-quality video files of services on the First Church YouTube channel and other outlets as instructed.
2. As needed, edit content of the live stream of worship services prior to posting to YouTube (and Facebook).
3. Perform software updates and backups of media computers.
4. As needed, edit content of the live stream of worship services and upload audio of scripture and sermon for podcast. (optional)
- An associate degree or equivalent work experience.
- Two to three years of work experience in digital video production.
- Ability to manage projects, meet deadlines, and be a team player.
- Ability to receive and process feedback effectively.
- Ability to think quickly and react/troubleshoot in fast paced situations.
- Ability to relate to all kinds of people and to set appropriate boundaries.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
First Church of Christ, CongregationalWhy Work Here?
.We are a vital, vibrant, and exciting family of faith which is open, welcoming, and affirming to all of God’s children!
Whoever you are and wherever you are on life’s journey, you are welcome at First Church. We are a community of children, youth and adults who are joyfully engaged in a mission to others! We are affiliated with the United Church of Christ and members of the Southern New England Conference.
2183 Main St. GlastonburyGlastonbury, CT
BusinessView all jobs at First Church of Christ, Congregational