Job Description: Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner / Ortho PA
First Choice Orthopaedics has an exciting opportunity for an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner or a Ortho PA The Position delivers medical care to a wide variety of patients. The right candidate also examines and treats patients independently and in collaboration with other health care professionals. Ensures proper illness and injury care and disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. May prescribe medications and order diagnostic tests. Advises patients about continuing care.
The Position will work in an Orthopaedic clinic setting in a non-surgical role and will see an average of 18 patients per day.
The Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under supervision of an attending physician this position will provide diagnostic and therapeutic health care coverage for First Choice clients. The Position manages care of orthopedic and surgical patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of First Choice.
- • Perform Clinic Duty for First Choice clients, including Scheduled, Same Day, Auto and Workman’s Comp clients.
- • Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- • Recognizes common manifestations of musculoskeletal disorders and implements and monitors patient care plans.
- • Render treatment, including but not limited to: Joint and trigger point injections.
- • Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- • Continuously performs postoperative assessments, performs nursing interventions and evaluates patient outcomes.
- • Master's degree in Nursing from an accredited program and one (1) year of ARNP experience.
- • BLS and ACLS certification required.
- • Current/valid Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner license from the state of Florida.
- • Valid DEA license
- • Certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for Nurse Practitioners preferred.
- • Three years of clinical experience as a nurse required.
- • Any appropriate combination of relevant education, certification(s) and/or work experience may be considered.
- • Full Time
- • Applicant must pass a level 2 background screen and be cleared by Agency for Health Care Administration
- • Equal Opportunity Employer
- • Competitive Benefits
- • Full Time
- • 401k