Medical Laboratory Technician
SUMMARY: Laboratory Technician (LT) is a member of the Patient Centered Medical Home healthcare team approach to delivering care in a proactive, planned, and coordinated evidence-based care. The LT plays an increasingly important role in coordination of health care delivery in a Patient Centered Medical Home by maintaining laboratory equipment, supplies, records, and procedures in accordance with OSHA, CLIA, CQI and other applicable standards.
Laboratory technicians are a part of a team-based approach to care delivery by contributing to the quality of patient care delivered and taking an active role in evaluating and improving patient care by assurance of lab administrations, requests, and follow-ups. Laboratory Technician works with the Medical and Laboratory Directors to improve the quality and efficiency of lab services.
- Performs proficiency testing on laboratory equipment as required by the Medical and Lab Directors;
- Works with patients and clinic healthcare team regarding test availability, collection of specimens, cost effectiveness of tests, etc.;
- Performs quality control procedures on all laboratory equipment in accordance with OSHA, CLIA, CQI and other applicable standards;
- Maintains proper documentation of quality control procedures in accordance with OSHA, CLIA, CQI and other applicable standards;
- Maintains adequate inventory of laboratory supplies and ensures that all supplies are viable before use in patient testing;
- Follow proper procedure for providers to receive test results both normal and abnormal;
- Assist in the work-up of patients when necessary and feasible;
- Participates in continuing education on and off-site as appropriate and feasible;
- Adheres to the delegated criteria of Laboratory, X-ray and Medical Acts policy and procedures;
- Participates in performance and training of OSHA Infection Control and Safety and adheres to the policies and procedures;
Powered by JazzHR
First Choice Community Health CentersLillington, NC
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.