Route Delivery Driver
- Posted: over a month ago
- $17 to $19 Hourly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Route Sales Professional
Basic Job Duties
The Route Driver’s basic function is to safely and efficiently deliver pre-ordered products and equipment to customers along an assigned route.
· Load and accurately inventory product and equipment orders at warehouse for delivery to customers.
· Drive company-owned vans and trucks 30 to 100 miles daily to transport products and equipment to customers.
· Accurately deliver orders to customer sites and place products and equipment in designated areas.
· Build rapport with contacts and decision-makers at customer sites.
· Respond to inquiries from customers about available products and services.
· Promptly share information or feedback from customers with appropriate First Choice staff.
· Reconcile products remaining on delivery vehicle at end of workday against products loaded onto vehicle for delivery at beginning of workday to identify any losses.
· Prepare daily route manifest that includes documentation (generated invoices, COD money, customer checks) generated by customer deliveries.
· Maintain and secure tools and equipment used to make deliveries, such as handheld computer and hand cart.
· Keep accurate delivery and timekeeping records in accordance with First Choice policies and procedures.
· Immediately report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations or any problems at customer sites to supervisor or other management personnel.
· Keep assigned vehicle clean, organized, and operating safely by scheduling vehicle for routine maintenance.
· Promptly report to supervisor any mechanical problems encountered with assigned vehicle or any other company-issued equipment.
· Obey all traffic laws and maintain a valid driver’s license in state where working.
· Follow all established safety, security, and transportation procedures.
· Maintain a professional and courteous manner in all interactions with customers and members of the public.
· Perform other duties as assigned by First Choice management.
- Repeatedly lift and carry coffee and other products weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Drive 30 to 100 miles per day.
- Climb in and out of delivery vehicle multiple times per day.
· Load and unload 30 to 35 pound hand cart from delivery vehicle at approximately 16-20 customer sites per day.
· Use hand cart to move products and equipment from delivery vehicle into customer facility.
- Able to work outdoors in various types of weather.
First Choice Coffee and Water ServicesWhy Work Here?
High Growth Company with Career Advancement Opportunity!
First Choice Services is a national provider of premium office coffee and water services for the business community. We are the industry leader in the markets we service and we support a wide spectrum of business ranging from basic service to satisfying the most astute, discriminating buyer. We offer brand recognized coffee and tea brands and our own private label gourmet line of coffees. Our offerings provide all essential items desired to fulfill every kitchen/pantry office refreshment need.
Transportation and Storage