- Posted: over a month ago
- $18 Hourly
The HR Specialist will be responsible for completing general human resources responsibilities including employment verifications, wage garnishments, system reporting and auditing, employee file maintenance, and general HR program support. This position will begin in a part-time status with the intention of moving the position to full-time over the next year.
M-F 9:30am - 2:30pm (hours/days are flexible) - 20 hrs. per week
Part-Time, Non-Exempt, Not Benefits Eligible.
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Complete daily human resources functions including: wage garnishments, verification of employment, system and employee file maintenance, auditing, and general HR program support.
- Monitor the HR email box and respond appropriately to inquiries and requests.
- Maintain the online and hard files for employees.
- Assist with and support of audits including benefit plans, 401k, certifications, licenses, employee files and documentation.
- Provide support to HR programs including benefits, recruiting, employee engagement, and performance.
- Provide support to and in collaboration with the Finance Department to ensure payroll is completed as scheduled.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum HS Diploma.
- Minimum 1 years HR experience.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
- Must have strong work ethic, reliable, well-organized, and a self-starter.
- Attention to detail, strong project management skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills, including the ability to maintain paper/electronic files.
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
- Must be able to read, write and understand verbal and written English.
- Must display a professional attitude.
Job duties are performed in the typical office environment of the organization, which requires ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations. The environmental factors and/or physical requirements of this position include the following:
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, frequently sit, and lift to 25 lbs.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, reach with arms & hands, and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and manipulate (using keyboard, office equipment).
- Visual acuity to use keyboard, office equipment, and read printed material and regularly required to talk and hear.
First Children Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
First Children Services
AddressCherry Hill, NJ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?