First Children Services is actively recruiting for per diem Behavior Technicians. Our Behavior Technicians work directly with a child diagnosed with autism and their family to implement the behavior plan designed by our BCBA in home, school and/or clinic settings.
The Behavior Technician will:
- build a rapport with the child.
- work with child and family on the goals set forth in the behavior plan.
- teach new skills.
- manage behaviors, including physical and self-injurious behaviors.
- observe and record progress.
Our per diem Behavior Technicians are eligible for:
- RBT Certification
- CPI Training
- Employee Referral bonuses for referring qualified employees
- Flexible work schedule
- Genuine interest in working with children with autism.
- Ability to move/restrain clients ages 1.5 to 18 years old using correct safety procedures.
- Patience, problem-solving skills, discretion, ability to think on your feet, creativity.
- Ability to work well with others and be an effective part of a treatment team.
- Ability to work equally well independently.
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Access to reliable transportation; valid NJDL, willingness to travel.
- Minimum of HS diploma, bachelor's degree preferred.
- 1+ years of experience working with children.
- Experience working with children on the spectrum (preferred)
First Children Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.