Do YOU “serve with pride” in both your work and your daily lives?
Have you heard the voice of God calling you to use your God-given gifts and talents in web design and development to benefit this ministry?
Have you been called to be a SERVANT LEADER, to serve and not just seeking "a job"?
If you have experience in designing and developing wondrous websites, we'd like to meet you.
The First Baptist Church of Glenarden is seeking a full-time Web Designer/Developer who will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing current web properties as well as developing and launching new websites, microsites, landing pages applications, and membership sites. We are looking for a highly skilled WordPress developer with experience developing, enhancing and debugging themes and plugins. This position will require both front and backend programming. The successful candidate will be able to showcase past WordPress website, theme, and plugin development projects. This position reports to the Director of Communications.
- Develop websites, applications and solutions that may require customization beyond what is provided “in the box.”
- Develop and enhance responsive, standards-compliant themes for WordPress.
- Install, test and debug WordPress plugins and develop custom plugins as needed.
- Evaluate designs, wireframes and other deliverables for development feasibility.
- Conduct cross-browser and cross-device testing to ensure consistent display across major supported browsers on Mac, PC, iOS, and Android.
- Prototype functionality for internal and client review.
- Ensure all themes and plugins are up-to-date and apply timely security updates as needed.
- Monitor website performance and identify and implement performance improvements.
- Establish and maintain the development and production web environments.
- Connect third-party APIs to internally developed web applications.
- Must be saved, have a servant’s heart, and be a member, in good standing or willing to become a member in good standing of FBCG.
- Must be able to submit to authorities as defined by the Pastor.
- Must possess a gracious, Christ-like demeanor in demanding situations.
- Must have an understanding and appreciation for the ministry and the mission of FBCG.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Digital Studies, or a related field. An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience will be considered.
- Requires a minimum of three years (3-5 preferred) of experience as a web developer.
- Strong understanding of modern web design principles, user experience, information architecture and responsive design techniques.
- Experience creating, modifying and debugging WordPress themes and plugins.
- Experience with launching and maintaining membership websites using BuddyPress or a similar framework.
- Experience with the Elementor or Beaver Builder frameworks.
- Experience working with debugging tools such as Chrome Inspector.
- Strong attention to design detail, with the ability to convert mockups and designs to functional, cleanly-coded website applications. Experience with PSD to HTML conversion preferred.
- Basic understanding of SEO and accessibility best practices.
- Experience with designing and managing the website backend including database and server integration.
- Ability to optimize images and other media for inclusion on websites.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver high-quality products on deadline.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
First Baptist Church of Glenarden