Senior Systems Engineer
First Baptist Church of Glenarden Hyattsville, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Opening Date: December 21, 2020
Closing Date: January 11, 2021
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
Are you sold out for God and want to use your knowledge, skills, and abilities in the service of His ministry? Has God called you to ministry work?
We are seeking an individual who is a servant and a dynamic systems engineer in the Information Technology field.
We are seeking a dynamic, highly-motivated systems engineer to join our IT Department. As a member of the team you will be responsible for the following functions: providing technical assistance and expertise in analyzing, reviewing, recommending, and implementing network design, maintaining the FBCG Network; providing end-user support and assistance with standard FBCG software packages and hardware; maintaining hardware/software in the FBCG computer lab(s) and self-pace areas; maintaining and supporting the FBCG Telephone System and identifying new technologies that may be essential in support of the FBCG and related ministries. This position reports to the Director of Information Technology.
- Provide technical expertise and advice to the Director of Information Technology (DIT) on computer hardware and software, network Infrastructure, strategies, implementation, deployment and applications.
- Provides daily assistance to FBCG users requesting support in the resolution of computer/network, telephone, and copier related problems.
- Assist with the deployment and maintenance of the mobile device management Infrastructure.
- Performs technical functions related to FBCG upgrades and retrofits of network software, hardware, and utilities.
- Maintains network communications protocols and other network technical documentation.
- Serves as a Tier 3 support for on staff IT Technicians as it relates to troubleshooting and resolution of critical infrastructure issues.
- Performs troubleshooting and resolution functions to determine the cause of system failures and makes recommendations and/or perform corrective actions to repair problem.
- Develops project plans containing timeliness for major projects or other tasks as assigned by the DIT.
- Assist DIT with designing, evaluating, and implementing projects that identify new technologies which will enhance the effectiveness of FBCG’s technologies in the workplace.
- Implements, configures and maintains of Cisco Routers, switches, Servers, Wireless Access Points, Firewalls
- Assist with development of Network Administrator’s and end-user documentation.
- Prepares network topology layout designs and drawings of network architecture.
- Assist with the maintenance of the FBCG Telephone System including troubleshooting, setting up new users, and conducting maintenance of telephone software.
- Support FBCG’s overall mission and follow all standards, policies, procedures, and confidentiality guidelines.
- Must be saved, have a servant’s heart, and be a member, in good standing or willing to join and become a member in good standing at FBCG.
- Must be able to submit to authorities as defined by the Pastor.
- Must have excellent hands-on experience with cloud solutions such as Office 365, Endpoint Management, SharePoint, and Azure Active Directory
- Requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Information Technology, computer science or related discipline.
- Requires 5+ years of experience in Information Technology field.
- Requires experience as a Systems Engineer.
- Requires MCSE, VCP, CISSP and CCNA certification. Certification must be current and valid.
- Certification in MCSE, VCP, SCCM, Network+ preferred. Or must be obtained within 6 months of hiring.
- Excellent hands-on proficiency with LAN/WAN, Cisco firewalls, Network Storage, Cisco Routers, Switches, VMware, Microsoft Servers, SCCM, MAC, Wireless Infrastructures and E-Metrotel Telecom platform.
- Knowledge and use of network designed and network monitoring tools and utilization graphs to analyze network utilization for planning and problem analysis.
- Experience in system analysis and network design.
- Working knowledge of various types of computer hardware, software, and services and their applicability to the needs and requirements of the FBCG.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with members of the team and the end-user population
- Ability to meet deadlines, to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products, and to take initiative in the development and completion of projects.
- Team oriented and ability to interact and work effectively with others.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and evaluative skills.
- Must be customer service oriented and consistently provide outstanding quality customer relations.
- Must possess excellent time management skills, follow-up and follow-through skills, with an eye for detail.
- Ability to be extremely flexible in an environment that is subject to many “spur of the moment” changes.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in every dimension of this role.
- Must possess a gracious, Christ-like demeanor in demanding situations.
- Must have an understanding and appreciation for the ministry and the mission of FBCG.