Information Technology Manager
First Baptist Church of Glenarden Hyattsville, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Opening Date: December 21, 2020
Closing Date: January 11, 2021
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
Are you sold out for God and want to use your knowledge, skills, and abilities in the service of His ministry? Has God called you to ministry work?
We are seeking an individual who is a servant and a dynamic leader in the Information Technology field.
The Information Technology Manager is responsible for assisting the Director with the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions at FBCG & SHABACH! Ministries, Inc. This includes managing all IT operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions. The IT Manager will assist with the development, implementation, and use of technology throughout the ministry, working closely with ministry and operations staff to assess and address user and church operational needs. Areas of responsibility include the full range of information systems and telecommunications activities, including determining user requirements, recommending practical solutions, and leading church-wide efforts to improve the effective use of technology. This position reports to the Director of Information Technology and supervises all IT employees. Other principal working relationships include the Pastor and his staff, Department Heads, all system users, and vendors and consultants.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, information/cyber security, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephones, software applications, and peripherals.
- Assist DIT with systems development and enhancement and the integration of new systems with existing systems.
- Work with ministry and church operations staff to develop strategies and plans to enhance client services, improve user effectiveness, and foster innovation.
- Manage IT staff, including hiring, training, evaluation, guidance, discipline, and discharge. Develop the IT staff to meet the changing needs of users, groups, and offices; new projects and technologies; and varying staff strengths.
- Assist with the development of standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and to end-users.
- Ensure the creation and maintenance of all written documentation, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modifications and upgrades.
- Manage provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services as well as service level agreements (SLA).
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements.
- Assist with the management of financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Manage servers, security solutions, network hardware, equipment, and cloud services. Manage telecommunications infrastructure and development plans, projects, policies and procedures.
- Ensure network infrastructure and systems change control policies are documented and approved by DIT.
- Assist DIT with negotiating and administering vendor, outsourcing, and consultant contracts and service agreements. Identify cost savings opportunities for existing and new services.
- Support FBCG’s overall mission and follow all standards, policies, procedures, and confidentiality guidelines.
- Must be saved, have a servant’s heart, and be a member, in good standing or willing to join and become a member in good standing at FBCG.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience, along with advanced technical or managerial credentials, including PMP, VCP, MCSE, CISSP, CCNA, preferred. All Certifications must be current.
- Ten or more years of progressive IT experience, including experience in a multi-office environment and current knowledge of cloud services and cyber security best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of technical staff, to work with the executive management of an organization, and to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Must have excellent hands-on experience with cloud solutions such as Office 365, Endpoint and Azure Active Directory
- Excellent hands on problem-solving, analytical skills on servers, wireless networking, switches, network design and implementation without assistance from third party support.
- Ability to meet deadlines, to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products, and to take initiative in the development and completion of projects.
- Strong project management, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in working with non-profits and/or religious/Christian organizations preferred.