Creative Services Coordinator
First Baptist Church of Glenarden Hyattsville, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do YOU “serve with pride” in both your work and your daily lives?
Have you been called to be a SERVANT LEADER, to serve and not just seeking "a job"?
If you are a youth ministry leader with great creative skills, we'd like to meet you.
OPENING DATE: January 13, 2021 CLOSING DATE: February 3, 2021
The First Baptist Church of Glenarden is seeking a part-time creative services coordinator (20 hours per week) to serve our Youth Ministry, UNASHAMED (The U), by setting the artistic vision for The U. The incumbent will provide leadership and direction in the areas of Multi-Media, Social Media, Praise & Worship, Production, Xperience Team, and the flow of the Friday Night Service.
- Leads Creative Department team meetings
- Responsible for overseeing the entire Creative Department, which includes making sure the following sub-departments have clear structure, vision, and accountability:
- Social Media
- Facilitates Creative Lab sessions, which is the creative brainstorming process where creative elements are designed and coordinated to support the message or series during Unashamed services.
- Responsible for monitoring the Creative Department budget
- Coaches Creative Department Directors, holds one-on-one monthly check-ins, and facilitates other trainings as necessary
- On an ongoing basis, troubleshoots and problem solves
- Provides monthly team report that covers all specifics for the Creative Services department
Communication & Coordination:
- Attends meetings with the Director, in person bi-weekly and as needed
- Contributes to the overall Unashamed vision and works interdepartmental with Lead team
- Contributes to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the Unashamed Lead Team
- Must be saved, have a servant’s heart, and be a member, in good standing or willing to join and become a member in good standing of FBCG.
- Must be able to submit to authorities as defined by the Pastor.
- Must possess a gracious, Christ-like demeanor in demanding situations.
- Must have an understanding and appreciation for the ministry and the mission of FBCG
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a youth or creative ministry role.
- High School Diploma required. Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must have strong organizations skills, ability to work under pressure and excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively and courteously with a diverse group of individuals.
- Must be a team player; flexible and able to perform multiple tasks in a complex operating environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize work with attention to detail; strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proactive, flexible, approachable, responsible, resourceful and able to work within a diverse group.