First Baptist Church of Glenarden Hyattsville, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do YOU “serve with pride” in both your work and your daily lives?
Have you heard the voice of God calling you to use your God-given gifts and talents and strong experience with commercial building management to benefit this ministry?
Have you been called to be a SERVANT LEADER, to serve and not just seeking "a job"?
If you are a hands-on professional building manager with excellent people management skills, we'd like to meet you.
The First Baptist Church of Glenarden is looking for a hands-on full-time commercial office building manager to manage day-to-day operations overseeing all aspects of building management to include but not limited to upkeep, maintenance, security, safety, and administration of service contracts. The incumbent assists the director of facilities by ensuring the excellent maintenance, repair, upkeep, operational support, safety and security for any and all assigned FBCG properties.
- Ensures that facilities and grounds are maintained in a “pristine” manner and especially honoring the standard that campuses are “manicured on Sundays”.
- Responsible for selection, supervision, training, development, evaluating and accountability of assigned facility staff.
- Supports the FBCG transportation operation as required.
- Conducts frequent building and campus inspections for all aspects of safety, security, operational efficiency, building and life safety.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure efficient and proper execution of all ministry and event related support requests.
- Manages, directs, coordinates and oversees all aspects of support services to include but not limited to janitorial, security, snow removal, HVAC (BAS/DDC experience preferred), plumbing, electrical, and the like.
- Set and adjust short and long-term priorities and prepare schedules for completion of work.
- Overall responsibility for servicing, repairing, and performing daily preventive maintenance on humidification systems, air-cooled condensers, sewer ejectors, sump pumps, fire extinguishers, elevators, air-conditioning packaged units, air compressors, air handlers, emergency generators, roof-gutter drains, storm drains, bioretention and gravel wetlands, permeable pavers, manual and automatic valves (main lines or critical).
- Schedules all inspections and service calls; maintain inventory of building equipment; develops criteria for work procedures and provides the technical expertise for preparation of a statement of work when there is a need.
- Prepares and manages an annual operating budget.
- Must be saved, have a servant’s heart, and be a member, in good standing or willing to join and become a member in good standing of FBCG.
- Must be able to submit to authorities as defined by the Pastor.
- Must possess a gracious, Christ-like demeanor in demanding situations.
- Must have an understanding and appreciation for the ministry and the mission of FBCG.
- Spiritual gifts of serving and administration are a plus!
- Must have a High School Diploma or the equivalent (GED). College degree preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of building services/facilities management experience.
- Must have 5-7 years of supervisory experience and leading a team of maintenance and trades professionals.
- Must have the ability to access and inspect building roof systems and mechanical rooftop equipment.
- Must be extremely flexible and responsive.
- Commercial building experience is strongly desired.
- Building Operations and Maintenance Training Certificates of Completion, desired.
- Completion of College or Technical School HVAC Certificates, preferred.
- Intermediate Management Training or Engineering Technical Training, preferred.
- Ability to communicate with others and maintain a Christ-like spirit at all times.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, excellent problem-solving ability, teamwork and leadership skills.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to handle difficult customers with tact and diplomacy.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to meet the requirements of the church’s insurance in order to be able to operate an FBCG vehicle.
- This position is a physically strenuous and demanding job. Lifting, pulling and managing equipment and tools (up to 50 pounds), walking, climbing, squatting, standing, and working in all weather (both extreme heat and cold) will be required.