Do YOU “serve with pride” in both your work and your daily lives?
Have you heard the voice of God calling you to use your God-given gifts and talents and strong administrative support experience to benefit this ministry?
Have you been called to be a SERVANT LEADER, to serve and not just seeking "a job"?
If you are an administrative assistant extraordinaire with excellent computer proficiency, we'd like to meet you.
OPENING DATE: October 9, 2020 CLOSING DATE: October 30, 2020
The First Baptist Church of Glenarden is seeking a full-time administrative assistant to support one or more departments within FBCG, by providing administrative support to include: project management, project tracking, procedure development, correspondence, preparation of briefings and PowerPoint presentations, manage calendars, coordination of meetings, copying, faxing, typing, answering the telephones, creating reports and organizational charts, managing and organizing paper and electronic files. This position may also provide travel arrangements for the staff and ministries, provide support to all FBCG Campuses Welcome Desk, as needed, and assist with maintaining central supply stock. The person selected will also assist with monitoring the copier and maintaining its supplies. This position reports to the Administrative Supervisor.
- Receive invoices from vendors or contractors, distribute for approval, and finalize accounts payable process to ensure invoices are paid on time.
- Coordinate meetings to include meeting set up, material distribution, room reservation, agenda preparation, virtual platforms (Zoom, MS Teams), etc.
- May provide travel arrangements for staff and delegates from ministries (i.e., airline tickets, hotel accommodations, travel itinerary, and expense reports).
- Oversee central supply for assigned departments (i.e., order supplies and maintain inventory)
- Maintain records in several different software systems.
- Participate in special projects, organize meeting agendas, write meeting minutes, update project schedules, and perform other administrative and clerical duties in support of the department(s).
- Create and maintain files, and complete filing for all functions related to the department(s).
- Provides administrative support to include; copying, faxing, scanning, typing, e-mail review, retrieve voice mail, and answers phones.
- Manage, create, and organize paper and electronic files (which could include confidential files).
- Develop high-level presentations and reports.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Must be saved, have a servant’s heart, and be a member, in good standing or willing to join and become a member in good standing of FBCG.
- Must be able to submit to authorities as defined by the Pastor.
- Must possess a gracious, Christ-like demeanor in demanding situations.
- Must have an understanding and appreciation for the ministry and the mission of FBCG
- Must possess a high level of sensitivity for people in need and possess ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must possess strong people skills, superior professionalism, and a spirit of hospitality.
- High School Diploma required, Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of business administration/support.
- A minimum of two (2) years customer service experience preferred.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project and Outlook, Visio, and Smart Sheet knowledge and experience preferred.
- Must have strong administrative experience, attention to detail, accuracy, and excellent customer service skills.
- Must have strong organization skills, ability to work under pressure, and excellent interpersonal skills in order to deal effectively and courteously with a diverse group of individuals.
- Must be a team player; flexible and able to perform multiple tasks in a complex operating environment.
- Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize work with attention to detail; strong written and verbal communication skills. Must demonstrate proficiency in general office clerical skills.
- Must be proactive, flexible, approachable, responsible, resourceful, and able to work within a diverse group.
First Baptist Church of Glenarden