First Baptist Church of Glenarden Hyattsville, MD
- Expired: October 14, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Do YOU "serve with pride" in both your work and your daily lives?
Have you heard the voice of God calling you to use your God-given gifts and talents and strong administrative support experience to benefit this ministry?
Have you been called to be a SERVANT LEADER, to serve and not just seeking "a job"?
If you are an administrative assistant extraordinaire with excellent computer proficiency, we'd like to meet you.
OPENING DATE: November 4, 2020 CLOSING DATE: November 25, 2020
The Administrative Assistant (part-time) provides administrative support to the Family Relations Director and Young Adult Ministry Director. This position requires demonstrated skill and knowledge in office technology, information management and performing and coordinating an office's administrative activities necessary to efficiently and effectively assist in managing multiple ministries. The incumbent will report to and received direction and guidance from the Family Relations Director. This position is a part-time (up to 25 hours per week) position. Position hours are usually 5pm to 9pm and some weekends. Some schedule flexibility will be needed.
The Family Relations Group and the Young Adult Ministry is comprised of 25 plus ministries/programs which seeks to glorify God by developing fully equipped dynamic disciples who value the discipleship process. The purpose of our group is to see wholesome/healthy families: individuals comfortable in whom they are as a person, comfortable in their role relating to family and able to embrace the path of their life journey. Our ministries/programs focus on fellowship, teaching and mentoring that provides biblical learning, accountability and application for a successful Christian life.
- Administratively supports the day-to-day activities of the Directors.
- Provides meeting support for routinely held meetings.
- Develops correspondence and interacts with staff and ministry leaders.
- Create, manage and organize paper and electronic files (which includes confidential files).
- Create presentations and reports.
- Schedules meetings and appointments as needed
- Handles special assignments and projects as directed.
- Schedules meetings and prepares meeting agendas, responds to routine correspondence in addition to supporting special events and programs.
- Create spreadsheets, manage databases, reports and manage calendars.
- Provides administrative support to include; credit card receipt input/management, copying, scanning, faxing, typing, e-mail review, responding to voicemails.
- Supports other team members as needed.
- Must be saved, have a servant's heart, and be a member, in good standing or willing to join and become a member in good standing of FBCG.
- Must be able to submit to authorities as defined by the Pastor.
- Must possess a gracious, Christ-like demeanor in demanding situations.
- Must have an understanding and appreciation for the ministry and the mission of FBCG
- High school diploma required. Associates or Bachelor's degree desired.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of high-level administrative support experience. Experience serving in a church and/or educational setting is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Outlook/icalendar, One Drive, Internet and some knowledge of Microsoft teams.
- Ability to create spreadsheets, compose correspondence, manage databases, create presentations and reports.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Proofreading and editing skills are required.
- Proficient in usage of Zoom for meetings.
- Possess the ability to effectively schedule meetings and prepare meeting agendas, respond to routine correspondence and research materials.
- Possess time management skills, follow-up and follow-through skills
- Ability to prioritize own work, multi-task and meet critical deadlines as assigned.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, and exercise good decision-making ability.
- Must be able to appropriately and confidentially handle sensitive information.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with staff and ministry leaders.
- Demonstrated organization skills are required.