Director of Media
First Baptist Church Atlanta Atlanta, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, dental, life insurance
First Baptist Church of Atlanta, Georgia, is seeking to fill the position Director of Broadcast Media.
First Baptist is a church recognized internationally as the origination point of the broadcast ministry of Pastor Emeritus Charles F. Stanley. The church’s new senior pastor desires to enhance the church’s resources and staffing for maintaining a media presence, expanding the broadcast reach, and for effectively utilizing video to promote the church’s ministries in the community.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Leads, builds, and equips a production team of staff members and volunteers.
- Functions as a producer of worship services and events.
- Oversees the overall weekend mix process and approve final product before posting to various media platforms.
- Responsible for all technical components for all worship services including, but not limited to, sound, lights, cameras, videos, etc.
- Work in conjunction with the Systems and Technology department to enhance network-based technologies (livestreaming,etc.)
- Responsible for the maintenance and replacement of all media equipment.
- Plans, designs, and recommends the installment of equipment upgrades and replacement of media equipment.
- Ensure the recording and broadcast of worship services and events as directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Oversee big picture planning for the production process.
- Ensure proper video capture framing for message and worship livestreaming as directed by the Senior Pastor.
- Edit and prep worship services before posting on various social media platforms.
- Provide leadership in all areas of audio, lighting, and video needs.
- Ensures various projects are videoed and/or photographed and produced with consistency, creativity, and excellence.
- Responsible for setting and maintaining the annual budget for the media ministry.
A successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Candidate must have a growing & mature, demonstrated personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor’s degree in media production, or related field.
- Minimum 10 years experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Minimum 3 years experience leading and managing a team.
- Working knowledge of various computer based broadcast mixing systems.
- Strong knowledge of videography/photography, editing skills, A/V technology, etc.
- Experience with livestreaming events to various social media platforms.
- Experience working in a mega church of 4,000 or more in weekly attendance highly preferred.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
First Baptist Church Atlanta
4400 North Peachtree RoadAtlanta, GA