This position is primarily responsible for accurately processing routine and complex transactions and responding to customer inquiries.
The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties required in this position. This job description is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. This position may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional duties as requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ESSENTIALS FUNCTIONS:
- Perform over-the-counter and drive-through transactions such as deposits, withdrawals, transfers, check cashing, payments, etc. Transact night depository and mail deposits, processing all transactions via teller terminal with speed, accuracy and efficiency.
- Perform other service transactions such as collections, wire transfers, cash advances, and stop payments, check ordering, issuing and redeeming savings bonds.
- Responsible for accurately balancing and securely maintaining all cash in their custody.
- Respond to and follow through on all in-person and telephone customer inquiries or requests.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the Bank’s products, services, policies, procedures and operating systems.
- Provide professional, exceptional customer service.
- Follow company rules, regulations and safety procedures.
- May act as vault teller.
- Filling out CTR’s in the event of the customer’s deposit.
- Responsible for assisting in the daily operations of the branch which may include settlement of cash advances.
- Strict adherence to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and all other applicable regulations is required.
PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Math and grammar skills are necessary to effectively calculate and communicate information.
- Human relations skills to effectively interact with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to accurately type and perform data entry.
- Proficiency in handling over-the-counter transactions.
- Knowledge of a 10-key calculator, computer, photocopier and fax machine is necessary.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift and carry up to fifty pounds at least two times per day
- Incumbent must be able to reach below and above the shoulders to both the left and right at least fifty times daily.
- Job pressures are high for meeting deadlines, frequent interruptions and high level of telephone activity.
- Mental ability required is high for reasoning, remembering, reading, writing and speaking.
- A high school diploma is required.
- Previous teller experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent Customer Service skills are required.
Previous cash handling experience is preferred.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
- This is a part-time hourly position with an average of 30 hours per week. Hours will vary from Monday through Friday 7:45 a.m. to 6:15 p.m., and on Saturday from 7:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
Equal Opportunity Employer.