Business Development Officer I
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The position of Business Development Officer I is responsible for developing new deposit, loan and merchant business for a specific target market of small to medium size businesses and business professionals; assisting the Branch Manager in performing various managerial functions of the department as directed, providing a superior level of customer relations and service; and ensuring compliance with Bank policies and procedures. The position of Business Development Officer is responsible for attaining established individual, department and Bank goals through active participation in sales management and officer call programs. This position may perform supervisory duties of department staff in the absence of the Branch Manager. Level I represents incumbents who have less than 5 years of business development experience.
- May provide supervision and support to all areas of the department where service or assistance is needed; oversees activities of officers and other department personnel; opens and closes the department.
- Reinforces the application of superior customer service through his or her own example along with appropriate follow through with involved customers and employees; conducts specific periodic meetings and presentations on this topic with department officers and staff members.
- Engages in business development activities and solicitation of new business prospects; participates in community affairs, business and service organizations, including public speaking; actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive sales environment through education of the Bank’s products and services; investigates and follows-up on significant changes in status of existing customers; meets with customers to discuss needs and outline appropriate Bank services and to resolve problems as necessary; assists in the organization of the department, coordinating available resources (e.g., staff, materials, etc.) for maximum results; and reviewing marketing strategies in relation to department and Bank goals and recommending suitable marketing approaches.
- Assists in the assurance of audit compliance and procedure quality control for the department and recommends and initiates corrective actions to the Branch Manager.
- Responds to inquiries or refers inquiries to the appropriate department or person, and exhibiting the necessary follow through with customers and/or staff involved.
- Contributes to the overall profitability of the Bank; assists in the implementation of costs controls, income generation, and department marketing efforts.
- Consistently applies sound decision making techniques pertaining to inquiries, approvals, requests as they apply to existing policies and procedures, keeping within assigned approval limits and using these instances as learning tools for employee development.
- Participates in the day-to-day operations for the department as directed; reviews and acts on daily reports.
- Assists other officers in resolving inquiries and providing support; participates in various internal committees assigned by senior management.
- Plays a positive role in the development and growth of department staff through excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, along with effective delegation skills assuring a highly cross-trained staff.
- Assists the Branch Manager in performing personnel actions including performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and interviewing candidates for employment; may supervise the daily activities of department staff including, but not limited to, effective delegation of assignments, developing work schedules and providing necessary training in the absence of the Branch Manager.
- Ensures implementation and compliance to meet security precautions and protect customer deposits, bank assets and staff.
- Processes, solves and answers complex customer transactions, problems or inquiries.
- Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within given authority.
- Prepares a variety of routine and special reports as required.
- Maintains an advanced knowledge of financial industry status and trends.
- May assist Regional Executive, as authorized, to approve branch operations issues in the absence of Regional Executive at Branches within the region. Provide commercial loan training and assistance to managers and loan officers within region. Assist area managers and loan officers with sales calls and presentations.
- Be prepared to assist local managers within Regional Executive’s area, to assist in the bank’s compliance with regulatory requirements and sales growth goals, by representing the Bank at all CRA activities and public relations programs, such as but not limited to first-time home buyer programs, trade shows, economic and community development groups, and neighborhood revitalization programs.
- Completes annual compliance courses.
- Adheres specifically to all corporate policies and procedures. Also adheres to Federal and State regulations and laws; including, the Bank Secrecy Act and the Anti-Money Laundering Act.
- Adheres to all levels of our Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge & Experience: These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- Intermediate knowledge of Bank operations, products and services; related state and federal laws and regulations, and other Bank operational policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills – ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; word processing, spreadsheet and specialty software programs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct personnel.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: Vision, hearing, speech, dexterity, visual concentration. A valid driver’s license is required. Must have the ability to stand, walk, sit and use hands and fingers. Must have the ability to work the hours and days required to complete the essential functions of the position, as scheduled. The environment is a professional office with standard office equipment.
Cognitive Requirements: Learning, thinking, concentration, ability to exercise self-control, ability to work in a customer relations’ environment. Must be able to pay close attention to detail and be able to work as a member of a team. Must have the ability to interact effectively with co-workers and customers, and exercise self-control and diplomacy in customer and employee relations’ situations. Must have the ability to exercise discretion as well as appropriate judgments when necessary.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
BusinessView all jobs at First Bank