Member Service Specialist (Teller) Oceanport
- Expired: January 02, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Would you like to join a growing, member-owned, not-for-profit financial institution that is one of the Best of the Best in Monmouth County per the Asbury Park Press Readers' Choice Awards? We have refreshed our brand and our new CEO and Leadership Team are focused on the well-being of our Employees and the enrichment of the work environment! If this appeals to you and you would like to be part of a "Winning Team", then please consider applying for the Member Services Specialist position at First Atlantic Federal Credit Union.
Who we are:
Around here we do things differently. Maybe it's the ocean breeze. Or the music. Or the fact that we've been a part of the landscape for over 80 years. Around here we put our members first. Always have, and always will. At First Atlantic, local is more than a saying. It's knowing that when our community thrives, we all thrive. Our continued mission is to support our members and deliver the best value in financial services. It's where trust and tradition meet innovation and versatility, and the community is paramount.
First Atlantic is headquartered in Eatontown, New Jersey, with branches in Eatontown, Neptune, Oceanport, and Toms River. Anyone who lives, works, worships, volunteers, or attends school in Monmouth or Ocean counties is eligible to join. Family members of a First Atlantic member can also belong.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking a Member Services Specialist (Teller) to assist First Atlantic Federal Credit Union to live out our Mission and Vision by working directly with the Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager to provide the best value financial services to members by providing outstanding service to both external and internal members.
Under general supervision, provides outstanding service to customers through the performance of Teller duties and completes assigned branch duties. Facilitates customer awareness and education of bank capabilities, tools, and resources. A key component of this service is to identify the financial needs of the member and recommend an appropriate credit union solution.
- Receive checks, money, debit and credit payments from clients.
- Solve any issues that pertain to the transactions.
- Answer all accounts- and banking-related inquiries via the phone /call center and in person
- Follow company procedures to count and manage all the funds they receive from customers.
- Build and maintain customer relations by providing high-quality services.
- Process EStore loans
- Use the provided electronics to document all transactions they conduct during their shift.
- Reconcile all transactions at the end of their shift.
- Provides excellent customer service assisting, responding to, and resolving internal and external customer inquiries.
- Uses opportunities wisely to promote the bank and sell and cross-sell bank products and services. Assists head teller with teller line operations through the performance of assigned duties. Attends required meetings and training seminars.
- Handles sensitive and confidential information with discretion and strict adherence to established policies and procedures to maintain branch security.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Basic knowledge of MS Office with the ability to learn other job specific software applications. Knowledge of basic accounting skills for balancing cash drawers and completing customer transactions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; and work with others to solve.
- The ability to make financial transactions accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to work with others toward a shared goal, participating actively, sharing responsibility and rewards, and contributing to the capability of the team
- Ability to understand information/data; make connections; draw conclusions
High school graduate or GED
Minimum 3 months cash handling; and customer service experience and/or sales role.
First Atlantic Federal Credit Union
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at First Atlantic Federal Credit Union
Get fresh Financial Institution Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.