Do you have a knack for helping others and strong attention to detail? First American is embarking on an exciting new Seasonal hiring journey! We are looking for individuals that share our passion to help others on a seasonal basis during June through September to accommodate our peak season.
Seasonal employees work up to 6 months out of a year in a rewarding and supportive environment and have 6 months off to recharge for the next season!
Whether you are semi-retired, a stay at home parent, have time off from your other job or would just enjoy having flexibility to enjoy life AND want a fulfilling career with a company that values YOU... First American is the place for you! When you complete your first season, we will be anxious to see you again for the next!
- Interprets and acts on instructions from customers and title officers.
- Searches title plant records compiling chain of title.
- Uses research to create and maintain files, records and reports.
- Audits calculations and legal documents for accuracy.
- Communicates recording information and prepares legal property documents such as endorsements and supplemental.
- Examines and interprets tax and assessment reports, follows title practice regarding the issuance of title commitments, policies, endorsements and guarantees, and property price endorsements.
- Communicates professionally with all customers.
A successful candidate will have the following skills and experience:
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Familiarity with several office software packages to include word processing, spreadsheets, databases, graphics and desktop publishing applications
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
- Strong detail orientation
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Some college preferred
Typical Range of Experience
- 2+ years title industry experience; commercial title experience a plus
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.