Sanitation staff 1
- Posted: February 19, 2023
Firestone Pacific Foods
Job Title: Sanitation
About Firestone Pacific Foods
Firestone Pacific Foods (FPF) is a top-tier, efficient processor of frozen fruit that has earned a strong reputation in the market for quality and food safety. FPF has sales relationships with leading US and international food retailers and US food service companies. The company is well positioned to achieve high double-digit annual growth in the highest growth frozen fruit category sub-segments including organic, private label and blended berry products.
Agriculture Capital Fund II, an impact investment fund, acquired FPF in the fall of 2019 as part of its strategy to build out a low cost, vertically integrated supply chain of high quality, organic blueberries operating at scale to address growing global demand for this nutritious fruit. Together, FPF and Agriculture Capital seek to provide customers with product traceability back to the farm and a vehicle for creating and capturing value from Agriculture Capital's regenerative agronomic practices.
The Firestone Family began farming in the Vancouver, WA, in 1896. We are a fully integrated grower processing operation for domestic and export fruit customers. Our fruit is harvested at the peak of ripeness, processed in our state-of-the art facility, and packed for shipment, ensuring quality in every product from the farm where it was grown to the finished bag in the consumer's freezer.
The Sanitation Staff takes direction for the SVP of Operations. The Sanitation Staff reports directly to Sanitation Lead. The Sanitation Staff ensures all HACCP, SQF, GMP's, Allergens and Organic processing requirements are followed. This position works directly with the Production Manager to ensure the production schedule is met.
- Takes direction from the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Reports to the Sanitation Lead.
- Ensure all HACCP, SQF, GMP's, Allergens and Organic processing requirements are followed.
- Responsible for cleaning all processing equipment.
- Responsible for Pre-Operational sanitation.
- Responsible for taking swab samples for internal lab testing.
- Responsible for informing the Machine Operator Lead if there are any issues with equipment found during sanitation.
- Keep constant visual on Forklift Operators.
- Complies with company policies and procedures.
Job Essential Functions:
- Organizational Skills
- Good Communicator
- Time Management
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Attention to Detail
- Must be vaccinated or willing to be vaccinated - COVID-19 (. Individuals with medical issues or religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement)
- 8 paid holidays
- Paid Sick
- Full-time, non-exempt employees accrue 8 days of PTO per year
- Full-time, exempt employees receive vacation based on length of service
- 0-3 years: 2 weeks paid vacation
- 4-7 years: 3 weeks paid vacation
- 8+ years: 4 weeks paid vacation
- Paid Bereavement Leave
- Medical- United Health Care
- Dental- Principal
- Vision- Principal, company paid for employees
- 401(K)- Company matches up to 4%
- Discounted bus passes
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. This is a physically demanding position. The individual must be able to walk, stand and maneuver throughout the full workday. The individual must be able to lift materials up to 20lbs.
This position operates in a food processing production facility. The facility has loud machinery, wet floors and at times, cold temperatures.
This document describes the general nature and level of work performed by personnel assigned to this job classification. This document is not, however, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so assigned. Firestone Pacific Foods reserves the right to add, revise, or delete job duties at any time.
Firestone Pacific Foods, Inc. is both Equal Opportunity, and At Will employer. The company does not discriminate on basis of race, age, sex, religion, marital status, or sexual orientation. Either Company or Employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time for any legally permissible reason. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified candidates/employees with disabilities.
Firestone Pacific Foods LLC
Energy and EnvironmentView all jobs at Firestone Pacific Foods LLC
Sign up to go to the application