Senior Systems Engineer - Remote
- Posted: over a month ago
exclusive firefighter credit union in the nation with $2.0B in assets, we serve over fifty thousand members in more than seven hundred fire departments.
We have an immediate opening for a Sr. Systems Engineer to join our team. This is a fully remote position.
The Senior Systems Engineer at Firefighters First Credit Union (FFCU) is responsible for maintaining and supporting the Credit Union’s core applications by ensuring system integrity and maximizing functionality of the system. The Senior Systems Engineer (SSE) primarily manages technical upgrades and handles escalated troubleshooting requests on our applications to ensure systems are always running in an optimal state. In addition, the SSE will assist in developing tools that will create efficiency and new add-on functionality to our core system and third-party products.
- Coordinating all efforts with escalated triage tickets from business users to provide additional technical assistance and working with vendors when appropriate for a resolution.
- Ensuring integrity between core applications and their ancillary systems to minimize risk and business impacts.
- Maintaining knowledge of the Credit Union’s technology applications and the service impact of component failures.
- Serving as a technical resource, installing, and supporting vendor and proprietary applications and databases for the Credit Union’s business units (retail and business banking & lending, residential mortgage, accounting, and investment services).
- Ensuring technology is used to its fullest capacity and achieves the optimal ROI by fully utilizing features within the platforms to increase service levels, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Planning active risk mitigation to cover possible threats, including information theft, by either preventing or having a reaction plan in place if it occurs, thereby restricting the loss.
- Assisting in custom development periodically.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, or a related field/experience.
- Experience in business banking domain, financial institutions, or credit unions.
- 5 years of experience in application support role.
- Experience and general knowledge with software development.
Firefighters First Federal Credit Union is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, age, gender, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Firefighters First Federal Credit Union is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Firefighters First Credit Union
TechnologyView all jobs at Firefighters First Credit Union
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?