Senior Application Engineer - Fully Remote (WA)
Firefighters First Credit Union Tukwila, WA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This is a fully remote role.
Candidate to be based in the state of Washington.
The Senior Application Engineer at Firefighters First Credit Union (FFCU) is responsible for maintaining and supporting the Credit Union’s core applications by ensuring system integrity and maximize functionality of the system. The Senior Application Engineer (SAE) maintains, supports, develops, troubleshoots, tests, trains, and implements software applications to meet business goals. This includes automation of business processes, creation of tools to provide efficiency, and development of key functionality of our core system and third party products. The SAE is the technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) on supported applications with a proficient understanding of business functionalities and end-user experience. The SAE works closely with the IT team and other employees providing consultative technical direction and systems enhancements in line with business goals and technology best practice solutions. The SAE serves as the primary liaison with third party vendors to ensure systems availability, uptime, optimization, upgrade, enhancements, and security.
• Ensures communication and prioritization of software issues, including escalation of non-resolved issues, are reported to appropriate management in a timely manner.
• Ensures integrity between core applications and their ancillary systems to minimize risk and business impacts.
• Maintains knowledge of the Credit Union’s technology applications and the service impact of component failures.
• Recognizes trends in service disruptions due to application issues and makes appropriate recommendations to IT Leadership.
• Troubleshoots issues and works with IT and third party vendors to identify remediation and permanent solutions.
• Serves as a technical resource, installing and supporting vendor and proprietary applications and databases for the Credit Union’s business units (retail and business banking & lending, residential mortgage, accounting, and investment services).
• Provides preventative maintenance to application databases and logs. Ensures systems uptime and maintenance of databases, including upgrade, performance tuning, archive and purge functions.
• Ensures technology is used to its fullest capacity and achieves the optimal ROI by developing customized solutions that increase service levels, efficiency, and accuracy.
• Responsible for developing software solutions using multiple software development languages, databases, tools, and coding techniques widely accepted in the industry and considered mainstream.
• Sets the standard in IT’s efforts to provide excellent member service, ensuring software solutions are relevant, supportable, documented, and implemented successfully.
• Collaborates with business stakeholders and leadership to ensure solutions meet or exceed business needs by proactively communicating with the appropriate parties throughout the software development lifecycle.
• Responsible for active risk mitigation planning to cover possible threats, including information theft, by either preventing or having a reaction plan in place if it occurs, thereby restricting the loss.
• Perform system upgrades through testing and validation of expected results, ensuring data integrity and system readiness prior to moving upgrades into production environment.
• Maintain a working knowledge of all associated rules, regulations, and policies, ensuring system compliance with a variety of regulatory requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Software Engineering, or a related field/experience.
• 5 years of experience in application development and implementation role (Software Developer/Programmer Analyst/Application Engineer) is required.
• Experience with Web Service and ASP.NET Web API.
• Experience in object oriented programming and open source technology.
• Experience in server-side and client-side application development.
Firefighters First Federal Credit Union is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, age, gender, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Firefighters First Credit Union is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 323-550-2214.
Firefighters First Credit Union
TechnologyView all jobs at Firefighters First Credit Union