- Establish new member relationships.
- Identify and recommend products, services, and loan opportunities to meet individual member needs. Transfer members to lending certified financial service consultants to complete the loan application process.
- Process and manage member accounts and related transactions such as deposits (e.g., savings and checking), investment accounts (e.g., Certificates, IRAs, Trusts), and/or opening new and sub-accounts.
- Process cash transactions for members and maintain cash drawers and daily balance of vaults and branch cash.
- Process new card orders, PIN changes, and reissue cards.
- Initiate credit/ debit card fraud claims and charge disputes.
- Participate in special projects and perform other duties and assignments as needed.
- May travel as occasionally to attend meetings, conferences, training, or other work-related events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with sales.
- Experience with account management, transaction processing, and cash handling in a financial institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field.
- Notary Public Commission from state of primary work location.
- Experience with consumer loan application processing.
- Experience with sales at a financial services company.
- Knowledge of credit/ debit card fraud claims and charge dispute process.
- Knowledge of the loan application process and standard or typical internal operating policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of federal and state consumer lending regulations (e.g., Regulation Z, The Fair Credit Reporting Act, Soldiers and Sailors Act, etc.) and compliance requirements such as Bank Secrecy Act, Office of Foreign Asset Control, and Customer ID Program policies and guidelines to appropriately document and track all transactions.
- Knowledge of current industry offers, market trends, competitors, and Credit Union lending and member service policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret and apply financial information (e.g., credit scores, debt, assets, balances, payments, interest rates, etc.) and perform math functions (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios, etc.).
- Demonstrates the ability to consult, provide member services, and achieve relationship sales objectives by anticipating and understanding member’s needs and recommending products that will benefit members’ short and long-term financial needs.
- Demonstrates analytical thinking, problem solving, decision making, and judgment by gathering and applying relevant data to research and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast paced, high-volume environment.
- Proficient in speaking and writing the English language using correct structure, vocabulary, and organization.
- Demonstrates experience performing basic office functions such as answering phones, copying papers, assembling reports, and sending and receiving correspondence.
- Demonstrates the ability to use office software to create written documents (e.g., MS Word and PowerPoint) and prepare spreadsheets (e.g., MS Excel), as well as database applications to enter, maintain, and report data.
- Demonstrates experience and behavior consistent with FFCU’s core values of competence, integrity, excellence, curiosity, positivity, and humility.
Firefighters First Federal Credit Union is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, age, gender, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. Firefighters First Credit Union is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 323-550-2214.
Firefighters First Credit Union