Firebrand helps startups crush their marketing goals. We are a specialist PR and marketing firm for tech and health startups. Based in San Francisco, Firebrands integrated public relations, demand generation and digital marketing programs help startups outshine their competitors. Our experienced team combines domain expertise, marketing best-practice, operational efficiency and the x-factor to implement winning campaigns.
You can expect an entrepreneurial culture, to work directly with a senior team, to be strategic and hands-on, and to help build a fantastic firm. We have no politics, no bureaucracy, efficient systems and a supportive approach. We focus on great work, high levels of client service and expanding our skills.
We work with a roster of hand-picked startups which are leaders in their field and backed by prominent VCs including a16z, First Round, GV, Initialized, LightSpeed, Menlo Ventures and Unusual VC. Our clients are technology startups primarily with complex propositions which need clear positioning and messaging. At present, clients range from deep tech data analytics, AI, storage, agile development and application delivery to health tech hearables and neuroinformatics.
About the role
Were looking for a public relations senior account executive with strong media relations skills, and a focus on the B2B technology sector. The ideal candidate will have good media relationships, understand the news cycle and have deep domain expertise in the tech sector.
This position will be responsible for media strategy, creating timely news pitches and media outreach. Understanding the business and tech trade media, technology trends and how clients fit into them is vital.
The SAE role is part of a senior marketing team well-versed in PR and digital marketing. Other members of the team will include marketing strategists, content developers, and digital marketing experts. We expect you to have a firm grasp of running a successful and growing PR program. This will include media relations, influencer relations, the events program, speaking and awards, organic social channel management. Of course, this must all operate efficiently, and be measured according to industry best practice.
Note: This is not a sales account executive role.
- Client management works directly with clients on a daily basis advising on strategy, implementation, status and performance of public relations programs
- Media relations building relationships with and pitching relevant media (tech, business, trade, vertical both online and broadcast), newsjacking and rapid response
- Influencer relations research and outreach to relevant influencers, including industry analysts, academics and thought leaders
- Content creation research and creation of content, largely consisting of press announcements, blog posts, gated content, web copy and thought leadership material
- Speaker / awards programs identifying key conferences, speaker placement and awards submissions
- Social media organic social media implementation of campaigns, primarily focused on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram
- Agency involved in new business prospecting and pitching; team management and collaboration; developing methodologies; Firebrand ambassador
- 3-5 years relevant PR experience, ideally in an agency
- Solid academic track record at least to Bachelor degree level
- Deep tech sector domain expertise, including working with startups
- Entrepreneurial with good business savvy
- Good presentation skills in front of C-level execs
- Unflappable, practical, proactive, mature approach
- Creative, disciplined, curious, organized
- Not afraid to work hard, be humble, ask questions, learn new things
- Competitive salary
- European-style vacation
- Health, dental and vision care
- Company 401(k)
- Flexible schedule
- Regular 'Crossfire' training days
- Team socials, cool offices
The position is based in San Francisco, California.
To apply, fill in the details and remember to include a link to your LinkedIn profile in your cover letter. Please only apply if you meet the requirements. We'll be in touch with the strongest candidates.