Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is seeking a pleasant, confident, and reliable host to join our team for our upcoming new restaurant opening in Dania Beach, FL! Our hosts set the standard of our iconic hospitality the moment a guest arrives through our doors. Our hosts are our first and last opportunities to WOW our guests. These individuals manage wait lists and reservations for parties of any size with a positive and well-mannered attitude. Our hosts are responsible for maintaining an organized, clean host stand while routinely checking the cleanliness of public areas, including restrooms. These individuals engage in friendly conversation with the guests and ensure that any requests are accommodated. We are proud of our genuine warm smiles and engaging service focusing on teamwork.Our team members are the most important stakeholder here at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill and such an important part of our brand. We ensure that our team members receive extensive training and development, are continuously set up for success, and feel welcomed in our Firebirds family.
What We Expect of You:
- Greets guests and opens doors as they arrive and depart from the restaurant
- Escorts guests to the dining room, restrooms, or Firebar®
- Makes reservations for guests over the phone or in-person using OpenTable
- Manages restaurant waiting list during high volume to accurately set guest expectations
- Maintains a Neat, Clean, and Organized host stand
- Responsible for restroom checks— overall cleanliness and restocking items
- Informs the guests of any promotions, features, or daily soups
- Tends to special guest requests—celebrations, allergies, highchairs, etc.
- Assists team by clearing and setting tables or replenishing beverages as needed
- Communicates incoming to-go orders to to-go team and directs incoming to-go orders or to-go guests to the proper location for pick-up
- Comfortable working as a team in a fast-paced environment
- Serving our Stakeholders: We work together to provide a warm, welcoming environment, not only for our guests but also our team members. We aim for outgoing, positive personalities that help us provide extraordinary experiences through the dishes created in the back of house and the level of service executed in the front of house.
- Enriching Experiences: We work hard but we also play hard. We implement several opportunities for our team members to win fun, exciting prizes. Nothing like some good healthy competition to spice up the work day!
- Exceeding Expectations: We pride ourselves in maintaining quality throughout all restaurant operations, such as; food production, sanitation standards, and service execution. We create extraordinary experiences through personalized hospitality— it is all about the tiny details.
What’s in it for you:
- Flexible schedules
- Competitive hourly wage
- Time-off on holidays — closed on Christmas and Thanksgiving Day; early closures on the Fourth of July, Christmas Eve, and Superbowl Sunday!
- New store openings— several growth opportunities for all team members!
- Extensive training and development—fun, exciting opportunities to learn and grow!
- Benefits for eligible team members—401k, medical, and paid time-off
- Team member motivation— discounted meals, exhilarating contests, and thrilling prizes!
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate on the telephone while maintaining a positive attitude
- Able to perform simple mathematical calculations
- Able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for multiple hours
- Able to bend, kneel, and lift items frequently weighing up to 25 pounds
- Must be upbeat, energetic, and well mannered
- Must have reliable transportation to work
- 18+ age requirements for Host positions
Please apply at firebirdsinternational.com/jobs for any hourly Dania Beach positions or stop by in person. The team will begin hiring in person on Wednesday, August 7, 2019. The hiring suite will be open on Monday-Sunday from 9 am to 6 pm. The address provided below:
81 SW 18th Avenue
Dania Beach, FL 33004
Directions from I-95:
Exit I-95 at Exit #22(FL-848/Stirling Road) - Go East on Stirling Road to the first traffic signal. Turn left on SW 18th Ave. Go past the Burger King and Springhill Suites on the left. Take first left turn on to SW 18th Ave(Yes, road name is the same) and follow the road until it ends at the trailers. Hiring suite trailer will be straight ahead with Firebirds hiring sign on the trailer.