Counter Proliferation Analyst-Biological Specialist
Firebird AST is looking for a Counter Proliferation Analyst (Biological Specialist) to serve as a biological subject-matter expert and technical authority with a focus on current/near-term events, plans, developments, and trends pertaining to the proliferation of WMD and biological events; issues impacting biological security; force protection; and force operability and survivability against a broad spectrum of biological, chemical, and other WMD events.
- Conduct applied research on specific intelligence issues pertaining to the WMD threats to US and allied nations.
- Provide written input to reports and briefings.
- Assist with answering requests for information (RFI).
- Assist in research and analytical data entries related to WMD, all for dissemination to Agency leadership and its personnel, Combatant Commands, and the Intelligence Community (IC).
- Serve on a unique, multi-discipline team assisting DTRA, CCMDs, and IA and IC partners to fuse operations and intelligence information to enhance Whole of Government efforts against Biological WMDs, threats, and counter-proliferation efforts, and the threat networks that facilitate or employ those threats.
- Adhere to DTRA production standards supporting the Government’s Request for Support (RFS) and Named Area of Interest (NAI) processes.
- Assist in the preparation and the conduct of leader engagements with DTRA and commanders globally, to assist in developing processes that enhance situational understanding of Biological WMD and improvised threats, and the networks that employ or facilitate them to enable DOD, IA, and IC efforts focused on dismantling, disrupting, and defeating those threats.
- Expertise in Biological WMD, Counter-proliferation, and network analysis (Counter Threat Network), social network analysis, and command and control systems.
- Serve as an all-source counter-proliferation intelligence analyst with specialized experience in Biological Warfare and defense whose primary responsibility will be informing DTRA activities through structured research using multiple sources and analytic tool suites.
- Deliver products that increase the client's situational understanding and comprehension of Biological WMD and Improvised-Threats, and associated counter-proliferation networks.
- Assist in evaluating paths to Biological WMDs, including state WMD programs and potential proliferation, and support real-world missions in a dynamic client environment.
- Respond to strategic operational and tactical collection needs based on raw intelligence and apply knowledge of related collection techniques and possess working knowledge of tradecraft and tools used in the Biological WMD and counter-proliferation collection environment.
- Prioritize and categorize requests for support, conduct near- and long-term analyses of device and network-centric problem sets, and fuse multiple intelligence disciplines.
- Directly support embedded teammates; answer requests for support from customers and work closely with the senior analysts to develop high-quality products and work closely with other members of the team to identify valuable information on Biological WMD and Counter-proliferation threats, and enemy organizations.
- Identify trends, patterns, and key nodes; and highlight relationships to the targeted enemy network.
- More than 3 years of experience providing intelligence analysis for DoD and/or an intelligence agency in an analyst role, including multi-intelligence WMD or counter-proliferation production in the past 7 years.
- More than 2 years of direct experience with DoD and IC All-Source analysis tools, collecting and analyzing information in support of DoD or other government organizations, or direct experience managing analytic production, or the exploitation of multi-intelligence data focused on WMD or counter-proliferation.
- More than 1 year of experience providing Attack the Network (AtN) analysis focused on WMD, CT, or counter-proliferation/improvised threat networks.
- Practical understanding of collection techniques and working knowledge of tradecraft and tools used in the WMD and counter-proliferation collection environment.
- Practical understanding of network analysis tools such as Analyst Notebook and Palantir.
- Practical understanding of geospatial Intel tools such as ArcGIS and Google Earth.
- Practical understanding of Intel-related databases such as M3, TAC, NCTC Online, TIDE, and SIGINT databases such as ICReach and Cultweave SIGINT.
- Practical understanding of MS Office, Excel, and big-data analytic techniques for structured and unstructured data.
- You must also possess the ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Willing to work rotating shifts if needed - that may include nights and weekends.
- Graduate degree in Biological-related field or more than 10 years of biological field/lab work experience.
- Previous experience with CBRN/WMD-related intelligence ( to include counter-proliferation, pandemics, health/medical, biological preparedness, weapons technologies, etc.).
- Scientific or technical education or background.
- Experience with the DTRA including its planning processes.
- Experience with the terminology used in the collection of data for chemicals, biologics, and WMDs and their proliferation.
- Knowledge of advanced internet-based research, including Boolean logic, advanced research techniques, search engine, and database resources, and Internet sources, including social media, social networking tools, and commercial and industry-based databases.
- Experience accessing, researching, and exploiting global and regional digital platforms and PAI data.
- Expert understanding of collection techniques and working knowledge of tradecraft and tools used in the Biological WMD and counter-proliferation collection environment .
- Expert understanding of network analysis tools such as Analyst Notebook and Palantir.
- Expert understanding of geospatial Intel tools such as ArcGIS and Google Earth.
- Expert understanding of Intel-related databases such as M3, TAC, NCTC Online, TIDE, and SIGINT databases such as ICReach and Cultweave SIGINT.
- Expert understanding of MS Office, Excel, and big-data analytic techniques for structured and unstructured data.
- More than ten years of military experience, and/or a combination of military and IC Agency experience, including recent combat deployments, and be well-versed in all areas of military intelligence, WMD, and Counter-proliferation.
- Expert understanding of MS Office, Excel, and big-data analytic techniques for structured and unstructured data
- Bachelor's degree in a biological related field (Biology, Microbiology, Epidemiology, Public Health) or more than 5 years of biological field/lab work experience.
- or an associate degree and five years of experience, or seven years of relevant work experience. We will also consider candidates with four years of directly relevant experience.
- Active/current DoD Top Secret/SCI
- Analytical support may be required in deployed environments. Some short-duration travel may be required.
About Firebird AST:
Firebird AST is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) based in Northern Virginia and a market-recognized leader within the IC, Department of Defense, Homeland Security, and Law Enforcement. We maintain a corporate culture deeply rooted in the US Military core values that gave us our start - honor, integrity, commitment, and selfless service. For this reason, our customers' needs and missions always comes first. We seek hard working, highly experienced, extremely motivated, professionally proven subject matter experts, trainers, leaders, innovators, and technical experts to serve on our team. Firebird AST has a firm understanding that our employees are our greatest asset and that, accordingly, they are to be provided the greatest level of respect and care possible.
Firebird AST is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Firebird ASTFort Belvoir, VA
TechnologyView All Firebird AST Jobs
Get fresh Counter Proliferation Analyst-Biological Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.