Finity empowers millions of individuals to make conscious health decisions through our integrated population health management solutions.
- Install, configure, upgrade, and manage mission-critical MySQL clusters
- Operation and administration of failover clusters, load balancing and other high availability solutions
- Optimize and tune MySQL performance
- Continually improve monitoring, perform database capacity and usage planning
- Query tuning and indexing
- Troubleshoot database-related application performance issues
- Ensure security and data integrity in a HIPAA & HITRUST compliant organization
- Perform routine, periodic and proactive maintenance
- Apply database server and MySQL-related patches, sometimes during off-hours
- Backup, recovery, replication, cluster failover and disaster recovery
- Must be highly proficient in all aspects of database administration, including backup/recovery/replication, clustering, advanced performance tuning, and proactive monitoring
- Expert knowledge in maintaining, building, supporting, tuning, and monitoring production in MySQL database servers
- 5+ years of professional experience administering MySQL databases
- Significant replication experience required
- Strong knowledge of MySQL database architecture design, including data partitioning and application partitioning
- Documented experience of building, managing and tuning complex transactional databases; including but not limited to rollbacks, updates, reducing data redundancies, low-latency etc.
- Understand database/table locking concepts and the different levels of locking in MySQL
- Strong Linux systems administration and automation skills
- Excellent at communicating with other technical team members, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles
- Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing; with significant knowledge in building data pipelines
- Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Experience working with and tuning AWS data technologies (Athena, Glue, Redshift, S3, Aurora)
- Strong command of your favorite scripting and/or programming language (Bash, PHP, etc.)
- Database migration experience (from and to AWS)
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring to other team members
- Experience building data lakes in S3 or AWS serverless services a plus
Excellent Benefits Package Including:
Medical, Dental, Vision
This position is on-site in our Portland office.
All employees must comply with HIPAA & HITRUST security requirements.
Finity is an Equal Opportunity Employer