Administrative Assistant needed for an accredited technical college serving the construction, industrial, manufacturing and service industries workforce development needs. Responsibilities for this apprenticeship college could include correspondence, student recordkeeping, meeting minute recording, government reporting, bookkeeping, marketing media management, newsletter writing, reception, customer and student services, grant administration and other project based activities in a higher education and administrative team environment.
Job qualifications include:
· Two years minimum of experience in a general office educational or business setting
· Microsoft Office intermediate level skills with Word, Excel, Outlook, and basic skill level with PowerPoint
· Student services or customer service experience in a school or business environment
· Ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast-paced environment,
· Solid oral and written communication skills and team oriented interpersonal skills
· Good reading comprehension skills and narrative writing skills
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Previous experience working in higher education
· Experience with student recordkeeping and FERPA and student enrollment admissions
· Student administration experience in apprenticeship programs with the Department of Labor
· Associate or bachelor’s degree related to higher education or business