Responsible for improving customer relations by providing professional product knowledge and service, through interpersonal and telephone skills, in an accurate and detailed manner.
- Take orders quickly, accurately and according to company policies.
- Pull and invoice all orders quickly and accurately.
- Wait on walk-in customers.
- Take and relay messages.
- Receive COD's.
- Now check cashing policies and procedures.
- Know cash refund policies and procedures.
- Know the sales tax policy.
- Know the Mastercard/Visa/Discover card procedures.
- Know the CSR's parameters for discounts.
- Know equipment sale procedures.
- Be familiar with back order policies, procedures and book.
- Know policies and procedures on purchase orders and store transfers.
- Follow up on all customer inquiries including back orders and special orders.
- Have a good, working knowledge of the products we carry, their location, part number, usage and common product problems and their solutions.
- Know how to create a stock order.
- Know policies and procedures for receiving stock.
- Have a working knowledge of the various warehouses we order through and the products they carry.
- Inform the manager when stock is low and be familiar with inventory/order point adjustments.
- Know how to use catalogs, paint books, and color computers.
- Maintain and update catalogs and paint books.
- Keep counters clean and neat.
- Know the procedures of UPS shipping and receiving.
- Provide technical assistance to customers.
- Assist with special projects.
- Learn the Assistant Manager's job.
- Report all customer complaints and praise to the store manager.
- Know and follow safe work practices.
- Be able to fill in for DSR, Paint Mixer as required (cross training).
- Know and follow return policies and procedures.
- Know monthly specials, sale items, and promotions.
- Stay current on new products.
- Use color matching tools (i.e. Variant decks, Colornet, Prophet, etc.).
- Responsibilities as a Customer Service Representative also include any duties requested by your supervisor.
- Performs similar and related duties to achieve objectives while using methods consistent with the FinishMaster culture
This list may not be inclusive of the total scope of job functions to be performed. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or modified at any time.
As a full-time FinishMaster employee you are eligible for a competitive benefits package including:
Employee discounts & assistance
Medical, dental, and vision plans
Life insurance & short-term disability
Paid time off & holiday pay
401K Contributions and Investments
- High school diploma or equivalent with general autobody emphasis.
- One year certificate from college or technical school with emphasis in product usage, customer and interpersonal relations.
- Minimum, one year general knowledge of products and their usage.
- Minimum, one year specific experience/training including applicable paint/tint schools; hands-on training or body shop experience.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum skills and experience levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as expressing absolute employment or promotional standards, but as general guidelines that should be considered along with other job-related selection or promotional criteria.
Physical Requirements (This job may require the ability to perform any of the essential functions contained in this description. These may include, but are not limited to, the following requirements. Specific requirements for a job will be identified at the time of employment. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants unable to fulfill one or more of these requirements):
- Ability to lift/carry product and boxes (up to 40 pounds) as required.
- Works in store conditions.
FinishMaster, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job ID: 2019-2468
Street: 747 Glenn Ave