The Supervisor will support the Store Manager in all aspects of the daily execution of customer service,
sales, and development of personnel while staying true to the Finish Line Brand by performing the
following main duties:
- Assists Store Manager in all aspects of daily shift management, including customer relations,
inventory control, procedural tasks and paperwork, visual merchandising, opening and closing
- Trains and coaches Store Associates to promote and execute team, store, and company
- Partners with management in planning, implementing, and executing change in regards to
company initiatives in order to improve organizational performance.
- Supervises shipments deliveries, transfers of merchandise, and POS in order to produce
accurate inventory results.
- Seeks to understand the customer’s needs and wants to benefit the overall customer
- Provides constructive feedback and facilitates conflict to ensure the growth and collaboration of
- Maintains both individual and shift sales.
- Provides daily shift floor coverage.
- Demonstrates sound understanding and judgment of store priorities.
- Demonstrates a high business acumen including, but not limited to, an in depth knowledge of
the store’s key performance indicators, inventory movement, and sales performance.
- Embraces accountability and sets attainable goals for store sales, metrics, and personnel
- Accountable for key decision making to influence change, sales, customer service.
- Provides security & loss prevention in store for accurate inventory and merchandise flow to
minimize company shrink.
- Upholds company policies, procedures, and standards regarding personal and store
- Assists management with recruiting and interviewing potential employees.
- Accountable for opening and closing store procedures to include cash reconciliation, banking,
reporting, and security.
- Adhere and uphold all company policies and procedures.
- Additional duties and projects as required.
Confidential Information – Property of The Finish Line, Inc. 1
Required Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or GED equivalent; 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Associate’s degree preferred.
Required Computer and/or Technical Skills
Should have basic to intermediate knowledge and abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Must be an effective communicator with internal and external individuals at all levels. This
includes spoken, written, electronic, and presentation skills. Communication should be
consistently constructive and professional. Must be a good team player.
Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Uses
specialized knowledge to go beyond the routine to solve complex problems that frequently affect
areas beyond own functional area. Must be able to approach unfamiliar situations, projects, and
opportunities with confidence and curiosity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these
functions. Must be at least 18 years or older.
The minimum requirements include the following but reasonable accommodations may be made as
related to an employee’s religion, ethnicity, or disability:
- Requires availability during the hours necessary to open and close the store, which includes
mornings, days, and nights,
- Requires a minimum of 5 days of availability.
- Requires availability on weekends and holidays
- Minimum standard of a 30 hour work week.
- Punctuality and regular attendance consistent with the company’s policies are required for the
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must speak English clearly in order to converse with customers and effectively supervise staff.
- Must be able to read and write English and perform business-related mathematics in order to
carry out normal business and understand corporate sales reports.
Confidential Information – Property of The Finish Line, Inc. 2
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires standing approximately 5 to 14 hours per day.
- During peak sales periods (e.g. Holiday, Back-to-School), will work for long periods throughout a 4 –
14 hour day.
- Requires stooping and kneeling to place merchandise on customer’s feet as well as reaching and
pulling to obtain or stock merchandise on storage racks.
- May be required to climb a ladder or ascend/descend stairs in order to stock and/or acquire
merchandise for sale.
- Required to lift items weighing 5 – 25 lbs regularly. In certain circumstances, weights may be
- Must have good vision, including color differentiation.
- The work environment for this position is a moderately noisy retail setting.
The company reserves the right to modify this job description with or without notice. Employees may be
asked to perform additional duties outside of normal job scope on a temporary basis per company
Finish Line / JD Sports / Finish Line Macy's
Why Work Here?MISSION. Our mission is to deliver the EPIC FINISH by bringing the latest and greatest sneakers to market and creating a memorable customer experience.
If you are looking for a great career opportunity and leadership development, then check out Finish Line!