The Store Manager is responsible for driving store profitability by meeting and exceeding sales targets and controlling operational expenses of a Finish Line store. The core expectations include managing all resources within the store to provide customers with a leading shopping experience while ensuring flawless execution of effective and efficient store operations, by performing the following main responsibilities:
- Allocates resources and organizes processes to drive profitability within a Finish Line store.
- Supervises one or more lower-level management staff and other store personnel.
- Manages an appealing, easy-to-shop environment for customers by ensuring visual merchandising and housekeeping standards are maintained consistently throughout the store.
- Creates a high performance culture in store by setting clear expectations and targets, analyzing team performance, holding team members accountable and giving appropriate and prompt feedback, including actively managing poor performance.
- Tracks store performance data (e.g. multiples, average dollar per transaction, accessories, etc) and responds with solutions that drive sales success.
- Demonstrates a high business acumen including, but not limited to, an in depth knowledge of the store’s key performance indicators, inventory movement, and sales performance.
- Coaches, motivates and inspires team members to accomplish store goals and maximize their individual performance.
- Actively monitors customer satisfaction and feedback systems to drive continuous improvement.
- Leads service by example and ensures highly visible and effective customer service management at all times.
- Actively ensures key brands and product knowledge is transferred into sales skills in all relevant categories.
- Works with Area Sales Manager to identify strong performers with potential for growth resulting in a bench of leadership succession.
- Maintains staff through diverse recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe, secure, and legal work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Ensures store team compliance with all store policies and procedures in addition to providing suggestions and ideas on ways to improve systems and processes.
- Drives continuous improvement in stockroom processing and replenishment procedures.
- Minimizes loss by ensuring all loss prevention, cash handling, and banking procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Provides and supports a respectful, inclusive and diverse working environment that allows our employees to be successful.
- Utilizes appropriate business partners to review and take employment actions.
- Communicates a desire to learn and seizes all available opportunities to drive own development and increase performance.
- Adhere and uphold all company policies and procedures.
- Additional duties and projects as required.
Required Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma
Should have basic to intermediate knowledge and abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Must be an effective communicator with internal and external individuals at all levels. This includes spoken, written, electronic, and presentation skills. Communication should be consistently constructive and professional. Must be a good team player.
Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Uses specialized knowledge to go beyond the routine to solve complex problems that frequently affect areas beyond own functional area. Must be able to approach unfamiliar situations, projects, and opportunities with confidence and curiosity.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Store Managers must be 21 years of age or older, except where such requirements are prohibited by law, including but not limited to the following states/territories: Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Michigan, but thMinnesota, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Vermont, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
The minimum requirements include the following but reasonable accommodations may be made as related to an employee’s religion, ethnicity, or disability:
- Requires an open availability, including availability during the hours necessary to open and close the store, which includes mornings, days, and nights.
- Requires availability on holidays and weekends
- Minimum standard work week of 5 days
- Average standard work week of 44 hours but increased during peak sales periods (e.g. Holiday, Back-to –School).
- Punctuality and regular attendance consistent with the company’s policies are required for the position.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must speak English clearly in order to converse with customers and effectively supervise staff.
- Must be able to read and write English and perform business-related mathematics in order to carry out normal business and understand corporate sales reports.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires standing approximately 8 – 14 hours per day.
- During peak sales periods (e.g. Holiday, Back-to-School), will work for long periods throughout a 4 – 14 hour day.
- Requires stooping and kneeling to place merchandise on customer’s feet as well as reaching and pulling to obtain or stock merchandise on storage racks.
- May be required to climb a ladder or ascend/descend stairs in order to stock and/or acquire merchandise for sale.
- Required to lift items weighing 5 – 25 lbs regularly. In certain circumstances, weights may be higher.
- Must have good vision, including color differentiation.
- The work environment for this position is a moderately noisy retail setting.
The company reserves the right to modify this job description with or without notice. Employees may be asked to perform additional duties outside of normal job scope on a temporary basis per company policy.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Finish Line, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local EEO laws. The Finish Line, Inc. prohibits discrimination against employees and applicants for employment based on the individual's race or color, religion or creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, sex, pregnancy status, age, military status, disability, or any other protected characteristic or class protected by law. The Finish Line, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation for disabilities in accordance with applicable laws.
Finish Line / JD Sports / Finish Line Macy's
Why Work Here?Our mission is to deliver the EPIC FINISH by bringing the latest and greatest sneakers to market and creating a memorable customer experience.
If you are looking for a fun job, a great career opportunity and leadership development, try Finish Line in Macy's!