Community Health Worker (Spanish Bilingual)
Finger Lakes Community Health Geneva, NY
- Posted: over a month ago
About Finger Lakes Community Health:
Finger Lakes Community Health (FLCH) was founded in 1989 with an original mission of serving the region's agricultural workers by linking individuals to area resources and providing essential health services. In 2009 the organization expanded to become a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), serving patients of all incomes, ethnicities, and walks of life. Over the last decade, FLCH has grown to provide medical, dental, and behavioral health services to over 28,000 patients at eight health centers. With over 200 employees we strive to provide high-quality and innovative health care services to the Finger Lakes Region.
The Community Health Worker (CHW) is responsible for conducting activities that ensure individuals and families found within underserved populations are fully supported in accessing and utilizing quality, culturally competent, health care. The position facilitates access to quality healthcare and social services, provides health education, and brings linguistically and culturally responsive healthcare directly to the community. The CHW helps people become equal partners in their healthcare, and increase the community’s awareness of the presence of underserved populations. The CHW assists individuals and communities to adopt healthy behaviors and provides information on available resources, social support and informal counseling, and advocates for individuals and community health needs.Duties/Responsibilities:
- Connect underserved populations to health and social service delivery systems.
- Empower individuals by helping them prioritize their needs.
- Assist community members in accessing the services they need.
- Make appropriate referrals to health and social services.
- Manage care, and care transition (HRSA), of individuals with chronic conditions, or complex health care needs.
- Track outcomes of interagency referrals and conduct ongoing follow-up.
- Monitor client status, provide support, and ensure continuity of care.
- Coordinate and participate in clinical outreach to meet basic health needs of underserved populations (In-camp, mobile dental, home visiting).
- Assist members of the underserved populations to enroll and maintain participation in health and social service safety programs.
- Increase awareness of the needs of underserved populations, advocate with and on behalf of underserved populations, and build strong partnerships to strengthen services.
- Establish a visible presence in the community, provide information, education, services and support where members of the underserved populations live, work, spend time, and access services.
- Build strong partnerships with and among health and social service organizations frequently accessed by underserved populations.
- Organize activities where mobile medical (in-camp)/dental services can be provided, completing intake forms, assisting with interpretation and providing education on various health topics
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Possess the ability to communicate fluently in both English and Spanish
- Possess basic level computer skills
- High School Diploma and experience working with underserved populations
- Current New York State driver’s license and auto insurance in compliance with FLCH underwriting agreement
- A clean driving record is required in order to drive on behalf of FLCH
- Must be able to hear and communicate with clients and staff via phone, web media, and in person.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to reach above shoulder level to work, bend, squat, sit, stand, stoop, and kneel.
- Must be able to work and move in outdoor conditions and terrain, including low/high temperatures, precipitation, snow/ice, mud or tall grass, among other conditions.
Finger Lakes Community Health
GovernmentView all jobs at Finger Lakes Community Health