All new hires will have 24’ Flat Screen HDTV in their tractor. They have Direct TV with premium channels, HBO, Cinemax and NFL Sunday Ticket. They also have a DVR.
- At least 22 years of age
Minimum Experience (tractor Trailer/OTR)
- Minimum of 6 months experience (without a trainer) in the past 3 years
- 1 year of local experience in the past 3 years will be considered
*** Will Consider Local Experience, but drivers that have spent nights in a sleeper is preferred
Moving Violations (max in 3 year period)
- No more than 3 in the last 3 years
- Seat belt violations count as moving violations.
- No more than 2 preventables in the past 3 years
- Serious accidents (Rollovers, Rear-Ends, Sideswipes, Low Bridge & Jackknife) MUSTbe outside of 3 years for them to consider
Ticket / Accident / Incident Combo
Maximum Major Moving Violation (in the last 3 years)
- No 20 mph over the speed limit in the past 3 years
- No Careless/Reckless in the last 5 years
Max. Number of Jobs- in the last 3 years
- Will Review
Policy Against Unemployment- even if it is accounted for
- Drivers need to account for any time of unemployment
Policy on Terminations
- Will review
- No terminations for safety reasons
Felony Convictions - How old must they be?
Based off the conviction date? What are the "silver bullets"?
- Felonies must be at least 5 years old from the conviction date
- No drug/alcohol refusals with a CDL
* All other charges will be reviewed
* Go by conviction date
Misdemeanors- How old must they be?
- All charges will be reviewed
DUI/DWI- What is the max number and what
time frames do they need to fall outside of?
- None in the past 5 years
* Go by conviction date
Is Hazmat Required? Is there a grace period for
driver to obtain it?
- Hazmat is optional - 10% of loads
- Driver has 60 days to obtain their Hazmat
Reimbursed for Haz-Mat?
Hazmat Pay Info
- Drivers will earn an additional $100/week on their Minimum Pay Program
Other Endorsements Required
- Tanker & HazMat endorsements required if they want to haul Hazmat
- HazMat needed for Texas OTR
* They will give the Driver 90 days to obtain
DOT Physical Requirements
- All Drivers are required to have a DOT Physical w/ Metropolitan at Orientation
- Both Urine & Hair
Other Automatic DQ's.
- No failed or refused drug or alcohol tests
- Not at this time
- Solo Company Drivers
Types of Runs
- East of I-35
- As far south as Atlanta
Dry Van - Main Accounts;
- Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Campbell Soup
- Home Depot
Type of Equipment
- Freightliners - Cascadias
Average age of tractor
- 2016 - 2019
Is truck permanently assigned to the driver?
- 65 mph
Can truck be taken home for time off?
- Yes, it is required
- Tractor & Trailer Stay together
- Drivers may park at truck stops, mall parking lots, etc.
Is truck equipped with Invertors / APU's?
- All trucks have Parksmart system
% of Drop and Hook
% of No Touch
% are Haz-Mat Loads
Pay Scale (Solo)
- See Pay Sheet Attachment
Type of Driver Pay
- Practical Miles
When are drivers paid?
- Weekly - Friday
How are drivers paid?
- Direct Deposit
- Paper check mailed
- $0.005 cpm every year
Primary Running Areas
- See Hiring Map Below
Average Miles per wk.
- OTR: 2500 miles
- Regional: 2200 miles
- Regional - Out 5 days home every weekend
Average Weekly Pay
- $1100 Minimum Pay Non-Hazmat
- $1200 Minimum Pay W/Hazmat
Driver Vacation Info
- 1 week after 1 year
- 2 weeks after 3 years
- 3 weeks after 10 years
- Driver vacation pay is calculated on a 52 week average
How is Driver Vacation Calculated?
- 100% E-logs
EZ Pass provided
Type of Fuel Card
- Yes - Case by case
Dock Detention Pay
- $15 per hour after 2 hours
- $20.00 for in route pick up or delivery other than primary pick up or delivery
New York City
- Safety Bonuses awarded annually
- Clean DOT inspections pay between $25-$50
- Referral Bonus - $1500.00
- $5 per week for a family member 18 years or older
- Begins immediately
- Starts on day one
- $150 non-refundable deposit
- One pet allowed (Dog only)
- Weight limit 25 lbs
Is there 24 hour dispatch?
- Yes including weekend dispatch.
Does driver have routing / fuel stop flexibility?
- Yes/ Assigned fuel stops. can get 50 gals of fuel out of route if necessary
Idle Air Policy
Max. Idle Air %
Is per diem optional?
- Optional - $.10 cpm
$500.00 Candidacy Program Compensation
- $250 on their first dispatch
- $250 in their first check
How long is Orientation
- 2.5 Days
Orientation is held where?
- Bloomsburg, PA
What day does Orientation start/end?
- Monday - Wednesday
- Wednesday - Friday
Lodging Provided (Where will the driver be staying?)
- Yes - Patriot Inn
- 1 person per room
Meals Provided (Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner)
Travel Provided (Bus / Plane /Car Rental)
- Rental Car - Will be reimbursed
- Personal Vehicle - Will reimburse for fuel
- Plane - Will be reimbursed
* If Driver is flying, they will only need a one way ticket
* If Driver is flying, have them fly into Avoca Intl Airport in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and Metropolitan will pick them up there and bring him to the motel.
Insurance Starts When?
- PPO - Capitol Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Starts after 60 Days of employment
Single Non Smoking Cost
- $59 per week
- $107.75 per week
- $3.00 per week - Single
- $5.75 per week - Family
- $15,000 for each driver
- They can get it through Aflac insurance
- 401K is available after 90 days with company contribution