Day to Day:
- Prepares and maintains job descriptions for each position in the organization; ensures descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed by incumbents.
- Assesses jobs and their respective duties to determine classification as exempt or nonexempt and appropriate salary range.
- Benchmarks jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
- Prepares and maintains job classifications and salary scales.
- Prepares and presents summary reports of job analysis and compensation analysis information.
- Gathers data from market-based compensation surveys; uses spreadsheet and data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
- Evaluates and implements job analysis instruments and materials.
- Conducts data and cost analyses to be used in employee negotiations and collective bargaining agreements.
- Researches employee benefits in similar industries; based on findings, recommends changes or updates to the company's existing benefits or policies.
- Background in compensation
- Extensive knowledge of human resource laws, regulations and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Find Great PeopleFGP is a purpose-driven, client-focused company that takes pride in partnering with you as you build a great company. We provide Executive Search, Temporary Staffing, IT Staffing & Consulting, HR Consulting, and Outplacement Services to our clients. We truly believe that great people do make great companies, and that each great person we find and develop helps your company become more successful and enduring. We couldn't find great people to build great companies if we did not have a thorough understanding of their professions. So, we don't take on projects in too many different areas. We specialize in specific functional areas within each business line with a former industry expert typically at the helm. This facilitates a more focused recruiting approach and ability to support our clients' success. With offices in Greenville, SC, Columbia, SC and Nashville, TN, our networks are greater than ever. We have worked in 44 states and 14 countries and our reach continues to grow.