Local, established Medical Practice is seeking an experienced Medical Assistant to join their team. An ideal candidate will assist providers in all areas of patient care including but not limited to patient visit preparation, EMR documentation, patient phone calls, and patient education and follow-up. Supports patient care delivery in collaboration with provider(s).
- Respond to patient inquiries regarding treatment and care in a professional and courteous manner
- Prepare patients for visit by accompanying patients to the exam room, assisting patients to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment, arranging exam room instruments, supplies, and equipment
- Gather and document all relevant patient information including but not limited to medical history, reason for visit and prescriptions
- Provide patient education and physician instructions
- Call patients with any results and communicate any follow up treatment plans
- Complete EMR documentation including but not limited to visit notes, communication notes, orders, e-scribing, etc.
- Stock medical supplies in exam rooms
- Sterilize medical instruments and equipment
- Clean and prepare exam rooms between each patient and at the end of the day
- Understand and comply with all rules, regulations and procedures of the compliance program, which include but are not limited to HIPAA, OSHA, CLIA, and any other state local or federally mandated regulations
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- Minimum of two years’ experience in related field
- Ability to multitask accurately and perform in a fast paced environment while maintaining a pleasant attitude
- Ability to navigate multiple electronic systems quickly and accurately including electronic health record and practice management system
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Ability to maintain concentration, composure, and self-control under adverse conditions and to cope with calls and contacts firmly, courteously, tactfully, and with respect for the rights of patients
- Ability to learn and retain knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology
- Ability to adapt/respond to different types of requests and people
- Ability to remain calm when patients or their families are stressed or upset
Find Great PeopleFGP is a purpose-driven, client-focused company that takes pride in partnering with you as you build a great company. We provide Executive Search, Temporary Staffing, IT Staffing & Consulting, HR Consulting, and Outplacement Services to our clients. We truly believe that great people do make great companies, and that each great person we find and develop helps your company become more successful and enduring. We couldn't find great people to build great companies if we did not have a thorough understanding of their professions. So, we don't take on projects in too many different areas. We specialize in specific functional areas within each business line with a former industry expert typically at the helm. This facilitates a more focused recruiting approach and ability to support our clients' success. With offices in Greenville, SC, Columbia, SC and Nashville, TN, our networks are greater than ever. We have worked in 44 states and 14 countries and our reach continues to grow.