The primary responsibilities for the Compliance - Regulatory Specialist position is to our compliance and regulatory programs in all manners with the advice of the VP of Regulatory Affairs. Critical components include supporting development and revision to current policies, a major emphasis toward documentation generation. The position also contributes to the maintenance of required documents and databases regarding product information.
- Enter new products and maintain existing products into our database, including file maintenance, pricebook and warehouses.
- Generate Safety Data Sheets (SDS) for new products from internal request system. Exhibit knowledge of current regulations regarding Globally Harmonized System (GHS) compliant Safety Data Sheet (SDS) preparation. Active participation with internal process - Rename, Alternate, New Product (RAP) – in corporation with participants from Purchasing, Technical, and Sales Management.
- Responsible for notification of new and updated SDS.
- Revise SDS and product information as necessary due to regulatory changes, and maintain existing SDS files both active and inactive
- Maintain permanent SDS files –vendor products, lab/warehouse/plant supplies, and products. Includes older paper copies and addition to current digital format.
- Establish product warning labels and assign in Warehouse label system. Set up internationally compliant labeling as required.
- Prepare Dangerous Goods Declarations as for international shipments and maintain file for future use
- Maintain databases for regulatory department; International Inventory List, tariff classifications, vendor code list, and others as required
- Prepare Secrecy Agreements as directed; responsible for exchange of signed copies. Maintain, update and file agreements. Add/track agreement using database on Share/Regulatory.
- Prepare North American Free Trade Agreements (NAFTA) certificates of origin (COO) and maintain files. Also, responsible for request and tracking receipt of vendor NAFTA COO on a yearly basis.
- Manage components of facility health, safety and environmental policy compliance to include supporting documentation, records and others as required.
- Manage employee training schedules in all areas of regulatory compliance to be able to act in support of company’s regulatory policies and programs. These include all OSHA, EPA and DOT mandated training requirements and their international counterparts as needed.
- Take part in company ISO certification system as Internal Auditor.
- Support role in office operations as needed.