We have multiple plants conveniently located in Omaha, Gretna, Elkhorn and Council Bluffs for easy access to job sites. We provide the best quality ready mix concrete utilizing newer trucks with automatic transmissions. putting safety first and quality employees has helped us to serve the area and enabled our company to grow for over 100 years.
General Description of the Duty Assignment
- Repair and maintain all ready mix plants, vehicles, trailers, equipment and associated items in proper and safe working condition.
- Correctly services and repairs all assigned plants, vehicles, trailers, equipment, and associated items without assistances, and without delaying production activities. Correctly implements the Company’s preventative maintenance programs, and follows all service schedules.
- Personally inspects plants, vehicles, and equipment for proper operation and condition.
- Properly “trouble-shoots” and diagnoses mechanical and operational problems.
- Works effectively on gasoline or diesel engines, and all mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and/or electronic systems.
- Manages Pre-trip and Post-trip Inspection Reports to identify, track, and complete necessary repair and maintenance.
- Trains truck drivers and operators to correctly inspect and maintain their assigned vehicles. Monitors drivers and operators’ maintenance activities.
- Accurately documents all service and repair work. Maintains complete repair and service reports and records.
- Works safely. Follows all applicable Safety Programs and policies.
- Knows and follows the Company’s Purchasing Policy, and policies related to the care of its property.
- Operates plants, equipment, and trucks as directed. Completes all assigned duties as directed.
- Consistently produces an efficient, accurate work product without callbacks or recalls.
- Works proficiently in a team organization.
- Works effectively under time and scheduling deadlines.
- Must be professional, friendly, cooperative, positive, and courteous in manner and presentation.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
Conditions of Employment (hours, place of employment)
- Varied starting time, Monday through Saturday, weekend, evening and some holiday work required, generally 60-hours per week, as required by production schedules or completion deadlines.
- Assigned to plant sites and/or delivery locations and travel routes as required.
- Must own their own tools to perform the basic and essential duties of their assignment.
Technical and Educational Qualifications (licenses, skills, degrees, capabilities, training certifications, language and reading abilities)
- High school diploma.
- Appropriate driver’s license and all applicable endorsements. Individual's driving record must not cause an adverse insurance risk rating or premium increase.
- Completed all applicable technical training courses available for the units typically worked on at this assignment.
- Must be proficient at all types of welding.
- Possesses an extensive, thorough, and demonstrable knowledge of interrelated operating systems including mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical and electronics, gasoline and diesel engines, servicing schedules, lubricants, maintenance procedures, etc., especially for ready mix trucks, trailers, concrete ready mix plants, and all supporting equipment.
- Demonstrable knowledge with manufacture’s source materials for parts, lubrication schedules, maintenance schedules, and proper repair procedures, including Internet-based sources and printed manuals.
- Must be proficient at reading, understanding, speaking, writing, and using the English language.
- Must be able to accurately perform basic mathematical functions including additions, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must possess working knowledge of the Company’s policies and procedures, including detailed knowledge of safety, purchasing, and lockout/tagout procedures.
Work Experience Qualifications
- One or more years construction or ready mix business experience.
- One or more years experience in the maintenance, servicing, and repair of construction or ready mix equipment and vehicles.
Position Special Qualifications (special skills, leadership abilities, communication abilities)
- Must have a home telephone or cell phone.
- Must exhibit an unequivocal commitment to the Company goals and vision.
- Must exhibit an unequivocal commitment to TOTAL SERVICE and TOTAL QUALITY.
Physical Requirements (lifting, climbing, agility, repetitions, environmental conditions, exterior or interior conditions, eye-hand coordination)
- Must submit to a pre-employment drug-screening test.
- Does not have allergic reactions to concrete, its raw materials and standard additives, lubricants, fuels, solvents or battery chemicals.
- Must be capable of driving vehicles in off-road conditions for extended periods.
- Must perform mechanical operations while lying or reclining in awkward positions for extended periods.
- Must work with their arms above the shoulders for long periods.
- Requires strenuous physical exertion, standing, walking, and/or climbing in various climates and ground conditions including temperature extremes, rain, wind, and snow for extended lengths of time.
- Must withstand continuous exposures to wind, dust, fumes, and noxious odors.
- Must possess the strength, mobility, agility, and balance to walk unrestricted on uneven, unsure, and slippery surfaces without assistance.
- Must possess unrestricted mobility to twist, turn, bend, and lean in all directions, lookup, down and side to side without hesitation or discomfort.
- Except for conventional corrective aids, must possess normal eyesight, depth of perception, field of vision, normal hearing, quick reaction time, unimpaired eye-hand coordination, and manual dexterity.
- Must possess the strength, mobility, agility and balance to ascend access ladders and steps, and to maneuver on equipment and vehicles without assistance.
- Must repetitively lift up to 100-pounds, 10-times a day.
- Required upper body strength to perform repetitive bending at the waist.
- Must repetitively climb and dismount from a high vehicle cab 50-times a day.
- Must repetitively lift up to 60-pounds, 50-times a day.
- Must possess sufficient strength to continuously operate equipment controls and tools weighing up to 20-pounds for uninterrupted periods of up to 4-hours.
- Skeletal, joint and muscle system must withstand continuous impact from driving activities.
- Health Insurance (Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield)
- 401K (50% match up to 6%)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Can provide uniforms if desired
- Earn paid time off
- Paid holidays